La Jolie Ronde Languages for Children
Teaching French or Spanish to pre-school & primary children could be just what you are looking for!
Are you looking for a job that enables you to work from home, that’s part-time and fits around family and school hours?
Established since 1983, La Jolie Ronde has been leading the way in early language learning across the UK and Ireland. A unique and proven method of teaching French and Spanish to 3-11 year olds, our high quality programme has been developed to ensure children achieve the highest possible standards. Tens of thousands of children across the UK and Ireland benefit from learning a language every week following the La Jolie Ronde method and the demand is growing all the time.
The high quality, structured programme is designed to be both fun and educational to ensure the children achieve the highest possible standards at every level. Licensees are provided with all teaching materials and there is a starting point for every age from 3-4 year olds through to 5-6 year olds, 7-8 year olds and 8-11 year olds. From day one our dedicated and friendly Head Office team is on hand to
offer support and advice from setting up and running a business. You will also be designated a regional personal mentor who is a licensee who already owns a successful La Jolie Ronde business. Who better to help you set up your part time business to fit around the demands of bringing up children?
Being a La Jolie Ronde Licensee is genuinely flexible. You are your own boss. You decide when and where to hold your classes enabling you to fit your business around family and school hours. Classes are term time only (with the option to run holiday activities) and run during curriculum time within a pre-school setting and lunch times, after school and Saturday mornings for primary age children. If you want to be your own boss, work from home, full or part-time and you meet all the requirements, you too could become part of the success story.
- You enjoy working with young children
- You have a passion for languages and speak French or Spanish fluently with a good accent and correct pronunciation
- You are a self-starter and have a desire to succeed
- You are confident, self-motivated, articulate and a good communicator
- You are completely fluent in the English language; both written and spoken
- You have a lively personality and bags of enthusiasm
- You are reliable and organised
- You must have your own transport if outside of London
- You must be able to give a minimum of 12 months’ commitment
- Teaching experience will be a distinct advantage, but is not essential as full training is provided in the methodology
- You must have been resident in the UK or Ireland for a minimum 12 months and if not a member of the EU must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be CRB checked through La Jolie Ronde; this is mandatory at your own expense
Low start-up costs payable in instalments. With no hidden extras.
Cost £500+ VAT (including 2 languages and nursery) plus a £150 refundable bond for all teaching materials
Training and Support
La Jolie Ronde will provide you with everything you need to set up and run your business including:
- Over 25 years’ experience of teaching languages to pre-school and primary age children
- Comprehensive marketing pack, including all letters, leaflets, posters and logos
- One-to-one weekly marketing support from day one
- Access to observe existing licensees’ classes and see the methodology in practice
- Full training in how to deliver the La Jolie Ronde method
- All teaching materials including lesson plans, flash cards, activity books, CDs, photocopiable masters
- Quality assurance visits in your first term to help with any practical concerns
- Use of the La Jolie Ronde brand and logo
- Unique licence number
- A year’s teaching licence
- Public liability insurance cover up to £5000,000
- Free local and national advertising
- Space on the La Jolie Ronde website to advertise your classes
- Annual training meetings, both national and regional
- Ongoing business support and advice
- Dedicated licence team both at Head Office and your own personal mentor
- La Jolie Ronde Email address
- Certificate on completion of training
Working Mum Kate Speirs from Harpenden talks about her working week
Hours of Work: 2 and a bit days per week, school hours, term time
Family : 3 daughters aged 6, 4 and 2.
How often do you work?
I work between 10am and 4pm on a Monday – starting with a pre-school in the morning, primary school at lunchtime and back to the pre-school again in the afternoon. On Tuesday and Wednesday I teach lunchtime classes at schools and pre-school class on Friday afternoons.
The only other work involved is preparing for my classes (mainly on a Sunday afternoon/evening) and I catch up on admin in the evenings when the girls are in bed!
How much did your La Jolie Ronde Franchise cost you?
It cost £500 and the only other thing I had to purchase was a bond of £150 which is fully refundable.
What did that investment buy?
A really comprehensive bundle of things! A year’s teaching license; public liability insurance to cover all my classes; training on the methodology with a certificate on completion and unlimited access to the support team at head office; a taster session pack; a full set of course materials and lesson plans including flashcards; a huge marketing pack crammed with ideas and suggestions on how to launch and grow your business, with leaflets, posters and sample letters to send to schools, parents and the press; advertising on the La Jolie Ronde website; my own personal e-mail address. And most importantly, the use of the La Jolie Ronde name which I have found to be a real door opener with schools. It is a well recognised and respected organisation.
Do you get good support and training from the La Jolie Ronde Head Office?
Yes I must say the support is excellent. I know I can call anytime and speak to one of the team. At the annual regional meetings I get to mingle with other Licensees and we share teaching methods and ideas. These training sessions cover topics such as behaviour management, how to introduce role play etc. The team at Head Office also update us on what’s new and is being planned for the future.
As well as the head office team, we have the support of a regional manager which is really helpful to share ideas in your own region.
Do you advertise your classes?
I advertise in some local directories but I find it is much more effective to use the promotional leaflets and flyers supplied by La Jolie Ronde and put them up at local playgroups and church halls. You also can’t beat getting schools or playgroups to put a note in their newsletters or in the children’s bookbags to advertise classes.
What is the best thing about La Jolie Ronde for you? Why are they different?
The quality of the teaching materials is excellent – the songs and rhymes are great fun and the kids love them. The class plans work really well and the supporting materials such as flash cards, activity books and CDs really give that little bit extra that other classes don’t seem to offer.
It also fits perfectly with my lifestyle. I can do as few or as many classes as I want and I can fit them into the school day.
Would you recommend becoming a La Jolie Ronde Licensee to other mums?
Absolutely. It is great fun and very rewarding and fits very well with being a Mum too. The kids just love learning languages and it is so rewarding to see them just soak it up!