fruit to suit C.I.C.
Inspiring Young Entrepreneurs and Healthy Lifestyles
fruit to suit is a multi award-winning social enterprise delivering bespoke, quality assured business and enterprise programs to schools nationwide. Our fun and engaging programs develop and encourage entrepreneurial skills and a greater understanding of business planning which can be consolidated by establishing and operating a long term sustainable healthy tuck shop business.
Our social aims are to:
- Inspire young entrepreneurs by changing their perceptions of business and business people
- Combat obesity and promote healthier lifestyles
- Tackle factors affecting health
- Promote self help through our sign posting service
Our social impact so far:
- Supplying healthy snacks to over 150 schools, reaching 96,000 children with healthy snacks and drinks
- Supplying over 40,000 healthy snacks and drinks per month
- Over 5,000 children trained to set up and operate their own healthy tuck shop business
- Over 13,000 children given enterprise experience of creating a company
fruit to suit franchised in 2008 and we can offer you a rewarding, exciting and flexible franchise where no two days are the same!
Your role as a Franchise Owner will be to increase fruit to suit’s social impact by:
1. Delivering fruit to suit Enterprise Programs to primary and secondary schools
2. Training children to set up and operate healthy tuck shop businesses independently
3. Supplying fruit to suit healthy snacks and drinks to school tuck shops, staffrooms, nurseries, sports centres and offices.
fruit to suit are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic Franchise Owners with a passion to inspire children to become the young entrepreneurs of the future and ambassadors of local healthy eating campaigns.
No specific experience is required as comprehensive training is given but you do also need:
- a warm, friendly and confident personality
- energy and a drive to succeed
For a short period of time we have two franchise packages:
1. Full Franchise
£6,000 for an exclusive territory of 200 primary schools and 50 secondary schools
2. Micro Franchise (limited number available)
£2750 for an exclusive territory of 50 primary schools and 12 secondary schools
Your potential income is dependent on many variables:
- How many hours you are prepared to work
- Whether you prefer to work term time only
- How driven and motivated you are.
- How well you market your business.
Detailed financial information is given in the prospectus and Franchise Information Memorandum (FIM).
Training and Support
With a fruit to suit franchise, you are provided with everything you need to launch your franchise and maintain that business momentum after the initial launch:
- Your five year license (renewable without fee) allowing you to operate and market your fruit to suit franchise
- Substantial, exclusive post-coded territory
- Trademark Licence
- Established brand and proven business strategy
- Loan of an Operations Manual (an easy and comprehensive reference guide for all aspects of your business)
- Three full days training, enabling you to feel confident to run your business from day one
- Ongoing training to ensure you are always up to date with changes in our existing, new programs and the business environment
- Advertising and promotional support
- Personalised business stationery
- fruit to suit email address
- Product samples and marketing material to allow you to launch your franchise
- Dedicated fruit to suit website with your own page
- Ongoing, close support and mentoring from Head Office. Your dedicated Franchise Manager, Jan, will work closely with you to help you get up and running during the early stages of setting up your franchise and into the future.
And much, much more!
Remember we are only as successful as our Franchise Owners. Your success is our success!
Lisa Smith, South Shields
I gave up my full time job as finance manager of a manufacturing company in August 2010 and started my fruit to suit franchise for the North East a month later. I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made. I love managing my own business and having the flexibility to set my own timetable. I really enjoy working with children and appreciate seeing more of my own.
I am passionate about delivering the business and enterprise program in primary schools as I believe the children benefit in so many ways. Gaining an exposure to all aspects of the business process at an early age gives them such a good grounding for later life – of course the healthy snacks are a bonus too!
On a personal level, I have lived in South Tyneside all my life and I am proud to be supplying the local area with a product and service that carries such positive values.
Every single person I have spoken to about fruit to suit thinks it is a brilliant idea – it is!
Jackie & Tracy, Essex and Kent
We have been good friends for the last 10 years after meeting at the school gates on our boys first day at primary school!
We are both married with 2 children each and live around the corner from each other in Wickford, Essex. Our families spend a lot of time together enjoying life!
We love the flexibility that fruit to suit gives us, as we can still attend all those important moments of our children’s lives such as school sports days and Christmas concerts. You might have guessed that not only are we good friends but we are great business partners too! As our families grow so does our business. One needs us slightly less every day and one can have us slightly more!
Life is about living – so live it!