We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
- Greater London London
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Wednesday, 4th July 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- No, Set
- Job Ref:
We are currently seeking a talented and resourceful individual to fill the position of Junior Merchandiser based in our Head Office in Central London. This role will report directly into the Merchandise Manager and will work closely with the Merchandising, Buying, Supply Chain, DC, Store Operations, Web and Marketing Teams.
What you will be doing:
Trade department to achieve planned stock levels, departmental sales and terminal stock targets:
* Management of departmental WSSI(s) to achieve target sales within planned markdown and terminal stock parameters, highlighting problem areas and opportunities on a weekly basis.
* Sales re-forecasting and proposing appropriate action to achieve agreed targets.
* Propose weekly repeat order requirements and trading action to the Merchandise Manager and any relevant department in accordance with current OTB and action.
* Propose end of season markdowns, by line, with total cost and effect on margin and terminal stock targets in accordance with the spend strategy to Merchandise Manager.
* Awareness and proposal for action of intake/OTB required to achieve optimum stock levels across the company calendar.
* Highlight incomplete pack launches/late styles to Merchandise Manager and risk to sales.
* Work in conjunction with Branch team to ensure all requirements by each Channel type have been met.
* In conjunction with VM and Retail provide support to ensure a smooth launch of product in branches and windows.
To assist the Merchandise Manager in departmental planning and strategy:
* Devising option plans across the product categories to brief the design team.
* Initiate and manage new season Category Plans.
* Formulating price architecture within the product categories.
* Maintaining awareness of HOBBs’ position in the market through competitor analysis to influence range building. Review prices of local competition to influence range planning.
* Managing the development of the range in conjunction with Buying and Design to agreed objectives with regard to options/spend by Category and Phase, ASP, ALB and intake margin.
* Initiate and manage season requirements by line to propose season bulk material requirement and intake planning.
* Assist the Merchandise Manager to ensure that the critical path is being adhered to in order to meet planned intake dates.
* Implement lessons learnt analysis at timely intervals and present to Design and Buying for discussion. Influence decision making both in season and for the future.
* Review reporting requirements and advise on and carry out any developments required.
* Participate in departmental planning duties as requested by the Merchandise Manager.
* Instigate end of season analysis for use as a base for planning.
* Initiate and carry out ad hoc analysis as required
* Line management of the Assistant Merchandisers and Merch Admin Assistants, monitoring performance and identifying training and development needs.
* Developing relationships with the Channel, Buying and Design teams and sharing information as required. Ensure optimum flow of communication.
* Demonstrate confidence of all systems to enable review of their effectiveness, proposing changes of any current process with a view to improvement.
* To be able to utilise available reporting and query screens in order to achieve the above.
* Deputise for the Merchandise Manager
What you will need:
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel
* Ability to process and analyse large amounts of complex numerical data
* Confident working with numbers and strong retail maths
* Solid experience in range planning, forecasting & managing OTB
* An impressive track record within merchandising
* Astute and commercial with exceptional business acumen
* The ability to plan and trade a department
* Strong negotiator
* A confident and measured decision maker
* Excellent communicator both verbal and written
* Can lead by example
* Excellent administration and organisational skills
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the required criteria, then we look forward to hearing from you…..please apply online today!
Hobbs is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Skills: Not Specified
Start date: Not Specified,