We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Senior Application Architect - Data Warehousing - London
- Greater London London
- Ernst & Young
- Banking Insurance Finance, IT and Internet
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Tuesday, 10th July 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- No, Set
- Job Ref:
At Ernst & Young, we’re committed to helping you achieve your potential. With award-winning professional development and access to global opportunities in a challenging, high-performance environment, you’ll be able to carve out a rewarding career that reflects your talents and aspirations.
The Senior Application Architect - Data Warehousing is responsible for delivering key business solutions or participating on key architecture initiatives. When working on business initiatives, the Senior Application Architect will be responsible for leading and coordinating projects from a technology perspective, ensuring that software development life cycle activities are consistent with the direction set by accepted best practices and Ernst & Young's standards groups.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Application Architect will include:
- Defining the overall data warehouse architecture (ETL Processes, ODS, EDW, Data Marts)
- Defining technical and data architectures for the warehouse
- Recommending/selecting specific data warehousing technologies
- Creating, reviewing and approving of architecture design packages
- Architecting systems to meet non-functional requirements
- Ensuring proper oversight for quality assurance of engineering artifacts
- Supporting of engineering staff throughout construction phase
- Enforcing engineering methodology program
- Enforcing adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc
- Proactively providing feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and
Qualifications/skills you’ll need as a Senior Application Architect:
- Extensive experience as an architect or technology lead
- Significant experience in SQL Server, Oracle, data warehousing, data modeling
- Prior experience leading successful data warehousing implementations
- Relevant experience as a software architect or working on a software architecture team, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship
- Overall understanding of the business objectives of service lines and core business services departments.
At Ernst & Young our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
Skills: Senior Application Architect - Data Warehousing - London - Competitive
Start date: Not Specified,