We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Senior Manager - London IAS - Expatriate Tax
- Greater London London
- Accountancy, Banking Insurance Finance
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Wednesday, 28th March 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
Join Deloitte's market-leading and innovative International Assignments practice, and apply your expatriate tax experience in a genuinely varied role. This opportunity can offer you a stimulating blend of technical and advisory work, allowing you to focus on an impressive range of clients across our three Industry Groups of Energy and Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, and Consumer Business and Manufacturing. Across this spectrum, our clients include some of the most prestigious companies in the world, ranging from from large utility companies to global oil and gas clients.
Broaden your expertise - multiply your options
You'll become part of an established and profitable practice, with the support and leadership of a dedicated partner group. We have an ambitious growth plan, and a strong focus on the growth of future markets. As a Senior Manager, you will be an integral part of this plan by proactively targeting and developing new clients in worldwide locations, including Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the USA.
You will have the opportunity to work with high profile FTSE 100 clients, maintaining a balance between client relationship management, marketing and tax technical advisory. In addition, you will play a key part in managing the Industry Groups, with involvement in financials, people strategy and succession planning, as well as overall growth strategies, working with Directors and Partners to steer the practice.
We take your development very seriously. You'll benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive appraisal process. With no micromanagement or quotas for promotion, you'll be empowered to manage your own teams and workload, and achieve career goals that you set yourself. We are proud that within our practice, progression and reward are based solely on performance and not time spent in grade.
You will have the unique opportunity to tailor your career path to your area of interest - whether that is business development or client management, due to the flexibility of the group, enabling you to be a specialist in your field. Opportunities exist to work across the industry sectors to leverage and develop your knowledge of our clients and the nuances of the specific industries.
As an expatriate tax specialist, you will:
* Concur VIP UK expatriate tax returns;
* Conduct entry and exit consultations with senior level expatriates;
* Act as the primary point of contact for HR/Global Mobility Team Lead contacts and senior expatriates
* Advise and guide clients on the tax planning and implications involved in international assignments;
* Resolve escalated client queries;
* Contribute to marketing & targeting new clients, as well as cross-selling other Deloitte services across tax and our other service lines to your existing clients;
* Build your internal network across the Deloitte service lines in the UK and across the global GES network to leverage relationships
* Participate in performance management and development of junior staff including performance manager roles and facilitating technical training courses
To qualify, you will have:
* Deep appreciation of UK expatriate tax issues
* UK tax return review experience essential
* The ability to communicate clearly and build strong relationships at all levels
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong managerial skills both in terms of clients and junior staff
* Proven experience of managing global client engagements and global service delivery
* Worked within a Professional Services environment within an expatriate role. Please note that consideration will also be given to those working within smaller firms.
To build an exciting future within our UK-based International Assignments practice, apply now.