We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Deputy Head of Corporate Banking Centres: 000024H9
- Greater London London
- Banking Insurance Finance
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Friday, 28th September 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
The Deputy Head of Corporate Banking (DHCB) is situated within the Corporate Banking Centre reporting to the Head, and has accountability for the trading performance, risk and control framework and operational integrity for teams of Relationship Managers.
The role holder leads and directs the Corporate Relationship Managers in the teams, in maintaining and developing relationships with both existing and new corporate clients to maximise the Corporate Banking Centre’s (CBC) financial performance and Annual Operating Plan as well as delivering a best in class, consistence to the clients. Financial targets encompass revenues, costs, impairments, return on risk weighted assets (RoRWA), free capital generation and portfolio shape.
Supporting the Bank’s overall Best Place to Bank, Work and Invest strategies.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Managing and developing the RM teams the role holder is responsible for and their activities to maximise income from existing client relationships, winning a larger share of their available wallet and winning new clients to the CBC.
• Delivery of all aspects of allocated business targets.
• Implementing the strategy within the CBC, aligned to the overall CSB, Global Corporate and CMB strategies.
• Assisting the Head in developing and implementing an external profile plan.
• Liaising and working with other areas and segments of the Bank nationally and globally, including Executive Management, to ensure the best possible experience for both the customers, employees and the Bank.
• Becoming fully involved in negotiations, discussions, pitches to clients.
• Acting as a senior ambassador for HSBC.
• Dealing with client complaints as required.
• Assisting the Head in managing all aspects of people in the CBC including diversity, recruitment, development, talent management, succession planning and managing underperformance.
• Leading by example, providing practical advice, guidance and coaching, including meetings with clients and professionals.
• Improving employee engagement.
• Embedding Group values at all levels.
• Effective and continuous dialogue with direct reports and the team (facilitating upward flow of ideas and proposals for improvement).
• Continually managing and reassess the operational and compliance risks associated with the role and inherent in the business.
• Driving efficient, accurate and timely processing of client requests and transactions.
• Driving all internal review and/or external regulators’ requirements to ensure they are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner.
Experience skills and Qualifications:
• Strong leadership and team skills, promoting an environment of co-operation and trust
• Excellent knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services.
• Knowledge of the changing economic, social and governmental environment and industries/sectors in the UK.
• Understanding of risk management and credit mitigants and strong credit knowledge.
• Knowledge of structured banking transactions, Initial Public Offering’s (IPO’s), leveraged finance, syndicated loans, private placements, bonds and securitisations and global capital markets.
• Structuring experience on large, complex and ‘event’ financings involving Global Banking and Market product areas.
• First hand relationship management experience that provides strong understanding of financing and cross sell solutions, appropriate to mid to large cap corporate clients.