We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Qualified Actuary (Financial Reporting) - 01401
- Greater London: Central London
- Banking Insurance Finance
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Friday, 7th September 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
We are currently recruiting a Qualified Actuary for our Financial Reporting Team in our Paddington office in London. Prudential Actuarial is split into a number of teams located in Paddington, Stirling and Mumbai.
The role of the Financial Reporting team is to continue our excellent track record of delivering a product that is both accurate and well-explained. Our challenge for the future is to integrate the measures we will be required to report on for Solvency II alongside the BAU work we already do. It is also about managing our stakeholders and making sure they are satisfied with how we are meeting their requirements as we transition into Solvency II. Other areas of focus include improving our processes and we continue to invest in the professional development of our staff.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A good knowledge of insurance company reporting and modelling
- Appreciation of the wider regulatory environment and the current developments within those rules.
- Develop, specify and maintain methodologies for carrying out actuarial valuations and related calculations.
- Production and relating to the results across financial reporting measures including Peak 1, EEV and IFRS for in-force and new business.
- To produce the asset shares used within Peak 2, ICA and SII results and provide input and support to the teams.
- Support the Financial Reporting Subject Matter Experts through commentary on results.
- People management.
At Prudential we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of benefits for our colleagues to enjoy. These include a competitive pension scheme, colleague share-ownership scheme, a generous flex fund of 5% through PruChoice our flexible benefits scheme, bonus potential and car allowance as well as a wide range of colleague discounts through our on-line portal.
Overall Job Purpose
To support the Senior Qualified Actuary. Recently qualified actuaries will be included in the department rotation scheme, whereby you will have the option to rotate into a different team up to two years post qualification.
- Take responsibility for delivering a range of actuarial tasks, producing results to agreed standards and deadlines and approving content
- Provide advice and guidance to internal and/or external customers relating to area of own specialism
- Manage projects within own area of specialism or elements of larger cross-functional projects
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Supervise the work of more junior team members, monitoring work progress against standards and deadlines
- Seek and act on opportunities to develop wider and deeper technical and business understanding
- Compliance - To ensure that you understand and adhere to Prudential's Code of Conduct and, where appropriate, comply with all relevant regulatory policies. This includes completion of any mandatory training requirements
- Financial Controls - Ensure all expenditure commitments (orders, contracts, budgets etc) and all payments are properly authorised, controlled and monitored, in accordance with Prudential UK delegated authority requirements. The responsibilities of expenditure authorisers are documented in the Prudential UK Financial Procedures Manual
- Performance Management - To ensure the delivery of People Management Pru and that all its processes and tools are fully utilised in managing your people
To demonstrate a positive risk, compliance and control culture through the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of risks and issues within the business area, alongside ensuring timely and appropriate resolution of control weaknesses, actions and failures that arise.
- Qualified Actuary
- Strong understanding of the Financial Services industry and regulatory environment
- Experience of financial reporting and actuarial modelling for a Life Assurance company
- Broad knowledge of Prudential UK operation
- Good knowledge of the Company's products
- Strong commercial appreciation and attitude
- Good understanding of the financial dynamics of our business and how key factors influence the various financial measures
- Ability to take decisions, make things happen and overcome obstacles to completion
- Well developed analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions from complex data
- Ability to confidently express own viewpoint and to clearly and simply communicate financial results and complex actuarial issues within own team and to other business areas
- Ability to take a problem and quickly generate a practical solution which allows for company-wide implications
- Ability to build, organise and provide leadership for a team of specialist actuarial staff, with a variety of responsibilities
- Ability to effectively influence and liaise with senior management up to Executive Team level
- Ability to effectively provide Actuarial input to cross-divisional initiatives
- Ability to deliver on multiple tasks to demanding timescales
- Ability to plan, prioritise, allocate resources and delegate appropriately