We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Customer Service Telephone Executive
- Scotland: Stirlingshire
- Salary (Annual):
- Salary Description:
- competitive + benefits
- Banking Insurance Finance, Customer Service and Call Centres
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Tuesday, 30th October 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
Overall Job Purpose
To provide a good customer service by dealing with all inbound calls that come into the telephony area. A high rate of first contact resolution must be achieved, however some calls will be passed to the appropriate area of the business. The overall aim is to provide an excellent level of customer service within the required Legislative and Departmental Quality and Accuracy guidelines.
* Deal with incoming calls from FA's/Advisers/Policyholders/Third Parties meeting the agreed accuracy and quality standards. This may be across a wide range of products and processes.
* Handling complaints in line with area guidelines.
* Processing "one stop" transactions
* Outbound contact customers/FA's/Advisers/Third Parties where required.
* Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with FSA requirements and in line with TCF principles.
* Must have a good knowledge of processes and products within relevant area.
* Provides informal guidance and/or training for colleagues as required.
* Supports and takes an active role in service improvement/process improvement initiatives or projects as required.
* Assists management team where appropriate.
* Keeps own knowledge of processes, products and appropriate regulation up to date.
* Achieves agreed performance levels including any call management measures within area.
* Implements and maintains personal development plan, and is proactive in own self development.
* Completes performance management documentation in line with agreed timescales.
* Displays key behaviours at appropriate level.
* Understands and adheres to Prudential Policy and all relevant regulatory policy.
* May act as a point of escalation for routine enquiries
* To provide coaching support to less experienced consultants.
* To demonstrate a positive risk, compliance and control culture through the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of risks and issues within the business area, alongside ensuring timely and appropriate resolution of control weaknesses, actions and failures that arise.
Job Dimensions - Non Financial
* Processing of customer transactions.
* Answering of customer enquiries - first contact resolution.
Key interfaces - Internal
* Colleagues - to share information and knowledge daily.
* Other business areas - to share information and knowledge daily.
* All internal customers - to share information and knowledge daily.
Key Interfaces - External
* FA's/Advisers/St. James's Place Partners - to share or obtain information relating to processing of cases.
* Third parties - where appropriate to share or obtain information relating to processing of cases.
* Customers - to keep them informed and to obtain information.
Experience and Skills/Qualifications
* Good understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection Act, Money Laundering requirements
* Good understanding of relevant products and systems, including PC skills
* In depth understanding of relevant processes
* Relevant professional qualifications
* Understanding and application of agreed authority limits
* Good customer focus and complaint handling skills
* Good keyboard skills
* Excellent call handling skills, and ability to deliver an excellent customer experience
* Good effective organisation and time management skills to prioritise workloads
* Understanding of and ability to display behaviours in line with Prudential concept of Challenge, Deliver, Inspire and Connect
* Good coaching and feedback skills
* 5 GCSE's or equivalent
* ICS desirable
* CF1/FA1/FA2 desirable
* Education to Higher level or equivalent desirable
* Previous experience of financial services or a customer service environment is desirable
Closing Date: 12th November 2012