We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Customer Service Leader (Reading)
- South East: Berkshire
- Banking Insurance Finance, Customer Service and Call Centres
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Wednesday, 14th March 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Yes, Full-time : Flexible
- Job Ref:
Create and nurture an open and honest environment that encourages and supports the delivery of excellent customer service.
Connect and Inspire with people to encourage continual development and improved capability.
Champion change and take personal responsibility for driving change forward.
Constructively and continually challenge the way we work, generating new ideas and take them from concept through to delivery.
Deliver consistent levels of service today while planning and considering the requirements for the future.
Responsible for operational risks and controls to ensure these are compliant with regulatory, legislative and internal requirements.
Deliver cost challenges within area.
Actively engage with other areas in operations and the business to improve our service proposition and promote "one team" ethos.
Develop and build successful partnerships with key stakeholder, both internally and externally, that add value to our business.
Responsible for complaints within team ensuring these are resolved to an acceptable outcome in line FSA guidelines. Lessons are learnt and changes implemented to improve the service.
Ensure all team members have clear objectives and Perfomance Development Plans and understand how these align to the UK strategy
Manage workplace issues in a timely and legally compliant manner whilst maintaining and a fair and reasonable approach
Be able to apply HR policies and practices in order to meet the needs of the business whilst being consciously aware of the customer experience
Be aware of your responsibility as a first line manager for the health and safety of your team and be able to deploy that responsibility where appropriate
Champion treating customers fairly to ensure the customer is at centre of everything we do.
Communicate clearly and influentially, in a way that engages people so they can see how what they do fits into the bigger picture and how they can each make a difference to the success of the company.
Display high levels of personal integrity at all times in personal and business interaction.
Maintain and update strong knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and marketplace to add value to the decision making process.
Responsible for achieving and maintain competence under N2 guidelines for self and others.
Develop and deliver business plan that bridges the gap between local plan and higher customer service business plan.
Compliance - Good understanding of Prudential's Code of Conduct and, where appropriate, comply with all relevant regulatory policies. This includes completion of any mandatory training requirements.
To demonstrate a positive risk, compliance and control culture through the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of risks and issues within the business area, alongside ensuring timely and appropiate resolution of control weaknesses, actions and failures that arise.
- Job Dimensions - Financial:
- Responsible for leading a team to consistently deliver a high levels of service within an agreed budget
- Responsible for leading and inspiring a team of c15 people to deliver service excellence.
- Developing and nurture relationships with key stakeholder internally and externally.
- People and managers in business area
- Customer Service Leaders and Operational managers in other areas - share best practice and ideas promoting one team
- Internal Stakeholders to improve service proposition.
- HR - support management of people
- Key customers when required, to resolve issues or promote customer service
- External suppliers, for outsourced functions
- Policyholders to resolve issues
- Other financial services organisations (benchmarking, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of product, procedures and systems within business area
- Knowledge of the financial industry is desirable but not essential
- Strong ability in understanding management information and using this to make considered decisions
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulatory and mandatory procedures and qualifications
- Good understanding of business drivers and the key deliverables on the Customer Services Business plan
- Strong ability to connect with audience when communicating, both written and verbal.
- Strong ability to engage people
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an environment that delivers excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver difficult and unpopular messages to the team when necessary
- A role model to others by leading by example
- Good leadership skills and strong ability to inspire change in people and work culture.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent customer focus skills.
- Ability to build partnerships both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Strong process improvements skills
- Strong ability to value diversity.
- Strong self awareness of own strengths and capabilities