We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Head of Corporate Centre Banking - Southern: 000023X0
- South East: Hampshire and Isle of Wight
- Banking Insurance Finance
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Friday, 28th September 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
The role holder will lead and direct the Corporate Banking Centre (CBC) team, maintaining and developing relationships with both existing and new corporate clients to maximise the CBC’s financial performance, optimise contribution to the region’s Annual Operating Plan and delivering a best in class, consistent service to the clients. Financial targets encompass revenues, costs, impairments, return on risk weighted assets (RoRWA), free capital generation and portfolio shape.
Supporting the Bank’s overall Best Place to Bank, Work and Invest strategies.
• Strong leadership skills including coaching and the ability to project/engender ownership of corporate goals in others.
• Strong communications skills to motivate and inspire others.
• Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered.
• Strong ability to manage the competing priorities of deal flows, credit quality and the requirement to drive income.
• Strong work ethic and capacity to work under time pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate solutions whilst fostering excellent relationships with stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and financial skills.
• Managing and developing of the CBC team and their activities to maximise income from existing client relationships, winning a larger share of their available wallet and winning new clients to the CBC.
• Delivery of all aspects of allocated business targets.
• Developing and implementing the international strategy within the CBC, aligned to the overall CSB, Global Corporate and CMB strategies.
• Developing and implementing an external profile plan.
• Liaising and working with other areas and segments of the Bank nationally and globally, including Executive Management, to ensure the best possible experience for both the customers, employees and the Bank.
• Becoming fully involved in negotiations, discussions, pitches to clients.
• Acting as a senior ambassador for HSBC.
• Full accountability for the management of the CBC relationship portfolio.
• Dealing with client complaints as required.
• Managing all aspects of people in the CBC including diversity, recruitment, development, talent management, succession planning and managing underperformance.
• Leading by example, providing practical advice, guidance and coaching, including meetings with clients and professionals.
• Improving employee engagement.
• Embedding Group values at all levels.
• Effective and continuous dialogue with direct reports and the team (facilitating upward flow of ideas and proposals for improvement).
• Continually challenge and provide support to the Director of Corporate heading the region.
• Continually managing and reassess the operational and compliance risks associated with the role and inherent in the business.
• Driving efficient, accurate and timely processing of client requests and transactions.
• Driving all internal review and/or external regulators’ requirements to ensure they are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services.
• Knowledge of the changing economic, social and governmental environment and industries/sectors in the UK.
• Understanding of risk management and credit mitigants and strong credit knowledge.
• Knowledge of structured banking transactions, Initial Public Offering’s (IPO’s), leveraged finance, syndicated loans, private placements, bonds and securitisations and global capital markets.
• Structuring experience on large, complex and ‘event’ financings involving Global Banking and Market product areas.
• First hand relationship management experience that provides strong understanding of financing and cross sell solutions, appropriate to mid to large cap corporate clients.
Applicants with strong leadership and relationship experience from all areas are welcomed.
Please note this role will be based in either Crawley for Southampton dependant on the role holder's location.