We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Cashier - Cheadle
- West Midlands: Staffordshire
- Salary (Annual):
- Salary Description:
- Competitive + benefits
- Banking Insurance Finance, Customer Service and Call Centres
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Wednesday, 17th October 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
Cashier : 0000233E
The Cashier role provides the first point of contact for HSBC customers and is responsible for providing a high quality, personalised, friendly, efficient and customer-driven service by pro-actively identifying and addressing customer needs. You will keep treating customers fairly at the heart of everything you do, sustain a high level of energy and be driven to achieve challenging targets.
To apply for this role, you need to genuinely want constant contact with customers, be able to communicate professionally in English and to be willing to work flexible hours as the role may involve shifts.
On a day-to-day basis, you will assist in the delivery of the branch retail plan by:
- Meeting customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism of response
- Identifying and addressing customer needs by actively promoting relevant bank solutions, referring on as appropriate
- Monitoring the service status of the branch’s Self Service equipment
- Identifying common fraud/errors/irregular transactions, taking appropriate actions to resolve or refer
- Proactively encouraging new and existing customers to register for, and use, alternative delivery channels (e.g. Personal Internet Banking/Self Service Equipment)
You will need to be able to:
- Build and maintain good relationships with staff through a genuine desire to understand their needs and support them
- Go out of your way to make customers and staff with different values or background feel welcome and respected
- Use empathy and adapt your behaviour and style of communication to suit your audience
- Uphold high standards of quality and quantity ensuring accuracy of work as well as speed of delivery
- Engage in conversation with customers, building rapport and asking questions in order to build a better understanding of their needs
- Adhere to regulations, legal obligations and data protection rules
- Ability to follow instructions and seek advice or look up information if required
- Cope with setbacks when targets aren’t met and remain tenacious in the pursuit of excellence in difficult times
- Take on board new ideas and adapt them further to make them your own
- Meet deadlines and complete tasks accurately and efficiently
To succeed in the role you will enjoy relating to others and keeping busy, will demonstrate confidence in making decisions, whilst conscientiously adhering to standards and procedures and remain calm and relaxed under pressure.