We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Senior IT Operations Project Manager : 000020UO
- Yorkshire: South Yorkshire
- IT and Internet
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Tuesday, 21st August 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- No, Competitive
- Job Ref:
The Senior IT Operations Project Manager role is based within IT Operations which encompasses all aspects of mechanical, electrical and network infrastructure, processor hardware, operating system software, infrastructure software and middleware through maintenance of an effective relationship for the Group with various IT vendors, suppliers and partners.
The role of the Senior IT Operations Project Manager is to manage projects and programs on behalf of IT Operations, involving managing a team of resources who are responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of a stable and reliable environment for the Data Centre and CER based processing platforms and distributed network systems in line with agreed service agreements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of IT Operations projects and programs working self sufficiently.
- Ensuring the right governance is in place to avoid projects missing important issues that might affect IT Operations ability to deliver quality solutions and operate services.
- Act as a single point of contact representing IT Operations in major programs and global coordination of Resources.
- Plan and manage IT Operations deliverables.
- Manage large/complex/group projects that require the coordination of many staff and areas within IT Operations and ensuring that appropriate business and operational needs are satisfied and service level targets achieved.
- To ensure correct processes and procedures are followed always and quality maintained to provide the best service possible to both internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of IT Operations and infrastructure technologies.
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. evidence of working in a self sufficient Individual contributor role.
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. IT Project management
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. IT leadership role and management of complex projects.
- Availability to work the shift pattern required for this role, i.e. flexibility is essential when working on global projects.
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. some international or national travel may be required however this is not a major part of the role.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of technical functions, coupled with an understanding of how the associated products are implemented in HSBC. is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. dealing with commercial pressures. is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. managing resources across multiple teams. is desirable but not essential
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e.an awareness of the political and economic factors which influence or impact the business of the bank is desirable but not essential
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. an understanding of service management, including change management, incident management, Data Centre Operations and configuration management. is desirable but not essential
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
- A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have strong man management skills, including workload management, resource planning and decision making. Candidates also need to be proactive and driven.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Key search words: Technology Services, Specialist, Infrastructure, Technical Project Manager.
: Information Technology
: Europe-United Kingdom-South Yorkshire-Sheffield
: Day Job