We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Technical Analyst - Barnsley
- Yorkshire: South Yorkshire
- Salary (Annual):
- Salary Description:
- Competitive + benefits
- Banking Insurance Finance, IT and Internet
- Working Pattern:
- Full time
- Date Posted:
- Wednesday, 17th October 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
Technical Analyst : 0000252U
The Technical Analyst role is based within Unix/Linux Support Enterprise Services & Architecture Europe.
The role of the Technical Analyst is to provide pro-active remediation and patching expertise across the UNIX & LINUX Server Estate.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing pro active support, as part of a team, to ensure timely planning and implementation of patches and software fix on the GB&M & Retail UNIX and LINUX estate.
- Interfacing with the various other infrastructure teams within RTB and the bank.
- Change control and planning of project deliverable to meet target completion.
- Assessing vulnerability and documenting procedure and process for any new fix or patch requirement.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. experience as a LINUX Administrator, with strong skills in SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9, 10 & 11 support as well as Red Hat Enterprise/Advance Server 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. extensive experience as a Systems Administrator, with strong Solaris skills (Solaris 8, 9 and 10.) and an excellent working knowledge of x86 and SPARC architecture
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. IBM AIX Version 5.3 and 6.1 Operating Systems.
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Change Control is desirable but not essential
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Project Management is desirable but not essential
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is a articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.