New Business Development and Key Account manager - 9 month contract
London based New Business Development and Key Account manager - 9 months maternity cover contract.
The role is homebased but with weekly meetings in London and occasional travel further afield.
Workingmums is a market leading and highly successful niche jobsite, specialising in flexible roles of all types (full and part-time) with family friendly employers. Our reach is UK wide, and traffic has grown significantly year on year since we were established 12 years ago.
It's an exciting time for Workingmums.co.uk as we continue to grow our business and develop our services and product portfolio. We are currently looking for maternity cover where the ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and experienced New business and Key Account Manager with digital sales experience, who can demonstrate developing new relationships with large organisations and looking after existing clients. The role is for a minimum of 32 hours per week.
The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with key stakeholders and decision makers in a variety of sectors.
Your primary objectives will be to contact and generate new business while also whilst managing new relationships with large organisations. You will also be responsible for managing some of our largest existing key accounts. Our client base extends from well known UK organisations to global blue chip organisations across all sectors, and with a diverse range of needs; from those looking to recruit for a single part-time role, to a long term employer branding campaign to attract senior women.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter and able to work on their own initiative and hit the ground running. They will have strong digital sales experience – ideally within recruitment – and used to working directly with corporates, recruitment advertising agencies and RPOs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering and building relationships with key decision makers
- Winning significant new business through cold calling, account management and face-to-face meetings
- Preparing tailored, consultative and needs focused proposals
- Strategically recommending the best solution to your accounts
- Establishing proactive business relationships with leaders within some of the largest organisations to ensure that opportunities and revenue from your accounts are maximised
To be considered, you must have:
- Strong new business sales experience
- Strong digital sales experience, ideally within recruitment
- Key account management experience of blue chip organisations
- Confident with presenting to C-Suite and Director level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A tenacious, organised, strategic, consultative and customer focused approach
- Previous experience of homeworking
You will also be a passionate advocate of the Workingmums brands and what we represent.
The role is home-based but, with weekly client meetings that are often London-based and sometimes further afield. There are also regular team meetings in London.
- A good IT set-up is essential so you’ll need a good home-office, with broadband. A phone will be provided.
- A positive, confident and enthusiastic approach that is infectious and commands the respect of others will work well in our team. Being a great team player is essential!
- The role is for a minimum of 32 hours a week (with the option to work full-time). Please note, working hours must include a full day on Fridays, Wednesday afternoons and you must also be available for the weekly Monday morning team conference call. There is room for further flexibility, for example working the hours over 4 days, and / or flexibility with start / finish times.
- Having a quick and easy commute to central London is essential.
We offer a competitive basic salary and a generous uncapped commission programme. The successful candidate can also expect to be part of a professional, hardworking, enthusiastic and friendly team who are passionate about what we do.
To apply for the role of Key Account Manager, please apply via the button shown below, outlining in detail in your covering letter why you feel that this role is the right one for you.
We will appoint as soon as we find the right candidate so please don’t delay in applying.
Please note: applications without relevant covering letters will not be considered. We will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.