Senior Corporate Services Manager - Flexible Working Available
Senior Corporate Services Manager
This is a key position to manage the Corporate Services functions at Kingswood and Oakhill sites. A decision has been taken to close the Oakhill site in mid-2020 and a central part of this role will be to support the transition of staff from Oakhill to Kingswood.
The Senior Corporate Services Manager (SCSM), reporting to the Associate Director Corporate Services, will be responsible for the delivery of services including maintenance & engineering, cleaning, catering, moves and changes, reception, switchboard, shuttle bus services, health & safety services, archiving and postal services, amongst others. You will also work closely with the Security personnel for the site.
Engineering, catering, cleaning, archiving and shuttle bus services are contracted out and the SCSM will be responsible for overseeing the operation of these contracts. Staff management skills are critical and you will need to drive a culture of exceptional customer service to ensure service delivery of the highest standards.
The SCSM will work closely with key customers and you should be able to demonstrate effective management skills and techniques, be familiar with Microsoft systems and have an excellent eye for detail. The nature of the post will require you to think on your feet and provide creative solutions to a variety of challenges daily.
Excellent inter-personnel and communication skills are essential and as a member of the Corporate Services management team, you will play a key role in building collaborative partnerships with every business group in the organisation.
Your Key Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following:
- Provide effective leadership and management of the facilities management operational teams, including engineering & maintenance, cleaning, catering, post room services, reception & switchboard, grounds maintenance, security, transportation and administration to ensure effective day to day services; and that all buildings are maintained & served to exceptional standards.
- Ensure high standards of delivery, complying with company policy & procedures as well as continually striving to improve processes and productivity.
- Oversee the planned maintenance regimes for all buildings, including critical engineering services.
- Assist in the project management of building maintenance and plant replacement projects and support the implementation of new projects
- Implement management ideas and processes to achieve the groups' goals and objectives ensuring you support the overall plans and strategies of the Head of Corporate Services.
- With effective leadership and managerial skill, achieve and maintain high performance of the Corporate Services team while ensuring the department is adequately and appropriately staffed
- Provide management of direct reports and work with HR in relation to resourcing, development and performance management
- Ensure good channels of communication are open and that they provide an effective link between senior management and the teams.
- Ensure the catering team delivers excellent food, beverage and hospitality services to FIL and its visitors
- Oversee space planning and moves and changes through regular meetings with the business groups that occupy the site to ensure increases in headcount are incorporated in short and long term planning.
- Work together with the moves teams to support the transition process of teams moving from Oakhill to Kingswood.
- Ability to prepare business case documents - where changes or capex spend etc are required.
- Build strong relationships with business managers and senior stakeholders to encourage open communication to ensure early insight into changing requirements.
- Ensure the Corporate Services Business Continuity Plans for the site are in place and kept updated. In the event of an incident or emergency affecting the site be the first point of contact and be prepared to be called out out of hours and at short notice.
- Use your detailed knowledge of the sites to manage the properties in the event of an incident or disaster to ensure minimum disruption to the business and direct the teams to ensure the building always remains open for business in the event of any emergency situation
- Negotiate and retender contracts with outsourced providers, in accordance with the Outsourcing and Vendor Policy ensuring that any increased costs are justified and in line with inflation/external benchmarking
- Prepare the annual Corporate Services capital expenditure budget and manage the departmental budget whilst you manage costs to ensure best value is achieved
- The base location will be Kingswood but there is a requirement to travel to Oakhill, Kent two plus days per week and provide holiday cover as required.
Experience and Qualifications
Several years' experience in a similar role providing facilities management services, ideally gained within a financial services environment.
Passionate about the provision of the highest standards of customer service with a proven track record in delivering excellence.
Proven people management skills, with the ability to motivate teams and affect changes required to drive performance and behaviours.
Strong interpersonal skills to quickly build relationships with customers.
Good basic understanding of M & E services, contracts management and financial management.
Well organised and efficient with the ability to identify key issues and manage multiple, conflicting priorities on a daily basis.
Good education with excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate at all levels
Responsive, able to solve problems, make decisions and follow through on actions quickly with minimum supervision and with strong attention to detail.
Flexible, able to work well within a pressured, fast moving and complex environment and able to work effectively in a team.
Tenacious but with a balanced approach when dealing with colleagues and customers.
Values and Behaviours
At Fidelity International the following values and behaviours are considered to be fundamental to the way we work:
Values: Client Focus, Commitment and Collaboration
Behaviours: Innovation, Integrity and Excellence