GI Consultant - Flexible Working Available
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Insurance Consultant to join our General Insurance Department.
You will contribute to the achievement of Wesleyan Financial Services’ business objectives, through working within a team of consultants to deliver business targets for specified insurance products, service standards, Compliance and regulatory requirements.
About the role
- Handling both inbound and outbound telephone calls from new and existing customers, ensuring all customer requests/queries/changes are dealt within a timely manner.
- Ensure all customer documentations are sent, meeting quality standards and accurate information.
- Treat customers fairly and demonstrate the required business culture and approach to TCF.
- Deliver new business income targets as determined by the Team Manager as applicable to the role.
- Provide new quotations for Motor/Home/Travel Insurance via inbound and outbound calls.
- Complete all duties within the compliance and regulatory framework as set by the business.
- Be responsible for cross selling related products and generating leads where necessary.
- Maintain excellent business relationship with underwriters.
- Deliver business targets within the regulatory and compliance framework as set by the business including FSA (Financial Services Act), DPA (Data Protection Act) etc.
- Use broking skills to full potential incorporating the use of the Product Referral Guides
- Take personal ownership of any complaints or problems, relating to area of product specialism, personally ensuring a satisfactory resolution is achieved or escalating where appropriate, without delay.
- Take personal ownership of customer enquiries and sales leads within their area of responsibility, providing sound advice where required.
- Take responsibility within Wesleyan Financial Services for the development of own skills, knowledge and understanding of processes.
- To maintain efficient records of all customer contacts and sales
- To keep continually up to date with the product and industry knowledge and selling skills as required by the Society
- Ability to manage multiple tasks whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Previous Home or Motor insurance sales experience desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and react to changing workloads
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Positive orientation to client care
- Good working ability of Word and Outlook
- Positive attitude and motivation
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
If you are from outside the EEA and do not possess immigration status which allows you to live and work in the UK, we will be unable to progress your application as Wesleyan are unable to provide sponsorship. Therefore, in the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
Closing date for CV submissions is 22/11/2018. Feedback on your application will be provided in the week following this date.