Product Manager (Retirement) - Flexible Working Available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager - Retirement to join our Life & Pensions Department.
To manage the retirement product and proposition within the Life & Pensions Business, ensuring their successful design, development and ongoing management in line with business.
- To manage the lifecycle of both new and existing products in line with the Group Product Governance Policy, regulatory expectations and the Society’s risk appetite.
- Maintain an overview of both new business and back book portfolios for relevant products, incorporating T&C’s, pricing, charges and literature.
- Manage the product portfolio within scope of the role, taking ownership for identifying and implementing product and propositional improvements, ensuring products meet customer needs and business objectives, and that the product development process is followed.
- Manage and own relevant product specifications and product literature for Life & Pensions & Investments. Work with key stakeholders, including Technical and Compliance, to ensure sign-off of product literature and fulfilment material. Ensure a historical record of changes maintained.
- Assist in the design and development of new products, or significant changes to existing products, working closely with Senior Product Manager, Marketing proposition team and key business stakeholders to gain approval
- Develop and/or support detailed business cases for products that validate the decision to manufacture or outsource. Monitor through the lifecycle and post launch to ensure benefits are realised.
- Support the creation and development of target pricing proposals and subsequent detailed price points and analysis for new product launches/annual reviews, working with the Finance and Actuarial teams.
- Work as appropriate with the Transformation team through the project lifecycle to ensure product developments meet cost, quality and timescale requirements.
- Monitor income performance for relevant products, and identify to the appropriate Line Manager key trends on KPI’s for distribution channels, product profitability, customer and feature mix.
- Support distribution of relevant products, working with WFS and Marketing on proposals/campaigns to increase distribution in line with business objectives.
- Monitor current and historic product features and pricing, comparing to customer need and competitive position. Make recommendations to improve where appropriate.
- Act as a reference point for relevant product enquiries, from internal customers (distribution and manufacturer) and industry/regulatory information requests.
- Develop and build strong working knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements and changes. Ensure that these are incorporated to all product activity.
- Where specific to product, develop and manage operational and contractual aspects of relationships with external service providers.
- Support other product activity as required in order to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of product management/development and propositions within Financial Services and ideally within the specific product area for the role (i.e. Investments or Pensions ). Strong attention to detail, good organisation skills and ability to hit deadlines. A quick learner you will have an appetite to develop knowledge and understanding of product area
This is a fast paced and changing product market so you will need experience delivering rapid change initiatives without compromising quality and good written and verbal communication skills to support.
Stakeholder management is incredibly important along with the ability to successfully influence and challenge. A broad understanding of financial analysis and data analysis and experience of developing proposals and recommendations for senior managers is needed.
Please note this role is subject to DBS checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
If you are from outside the EEA and do not possess immigration status which allows you to live and work in the UK, we will be unable to progress your application as Wesleyan are unable to provide sponsorship. Therefore, in the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
Closing date for CV submissions is 19th November 2018. Feedback on your application will be provided in the week following this date.