Multi Skilled Engineer – Technology UK - Flexible Working Available
Please note you will need a full driving licence to do this role
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves 23 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Sky’s main business is based on providing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week television, radio, internet and telephony services to its 10M + UK customer base, who want real time on demand services in a competitive market place. To achieve this requires highly complex and extensive data centre operations, Internet POP sites, television and radio broadcast facilities, TV studios and live to air Sky News and Sports studios and our two Broadcast Centres at Chilworth and Osterley
Sky has extensive Critical Mechanical and Electrical systems spread across many geographical locations underpinning the entire customer experience described above.
This role is to focus on the key aspect of M&E systems and ensure their correct operation and maintenance providing a firm platform for continued business success.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the team in Scotland within the Technology M&E Department at Sky, this would be an ideal opportunity to learn and develop the skills necessary to support Sky’s business.
The role itself has a substantial electrical services requirement and is typically delivered within a data centre environment. The candidate will be involved in the upkeep and support of a number of sites on a 24/7 basis.
Sky is a world leading technologically based company and offers a well-supported and varied role, where the candidate can learn and practise their skills, gaining essential skills for the future in this sector. The role will require the chosen candidate to be:
- Motivated, responsible and reliable
- Has good attention to detail
- Willing to develop their knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Undertake and promote safe and ethical practices consistent with Sky policies
- Manage contractors in the best interest of the department
- Be prepared to work flexibly, sometimes overnight or at weekend
- To be based in Livingston with some travel to other Sky sites
*The role will initially be a 4 month temporary contract.
- Has a keen interest in electrical services either in a practical or theoretical forum
- Has a suitable qualification or is prepared to pursue a recognised standard in either electrical or mechanical engineering
- Desirable qualification - A recognised industry accreditations or achievement in a relevant specialist areas.
- Demonstrate motivation to learn and develop the ability to fault find our systems.
- Keen to develop and learn through team led instruction and formal courses about LV electrical systems in highly resilient buildings.
- Working within a team and previous work in a 24/7 shift pattern.
- You will need a full driving licence.