IT System Administrator in DevOps at expanding software company - Part Time
Would you like to join our team at DeltaXML as a system administrator? You would provide support to a software development team (primarily macOS desktops) and other users within the business (such as admin, sales and marketing) to ensure they have efficient, reliable and secure computing and networking resources.
We are looking for a systems administrator generalist with good Unix skills. The role would suit a past developer who has moved into administration or an administrator who has worked with software development teams. The work will be varied and fast-paced, responding to user demands, issues and threats as they arise. You may need to provide occasional out-of-hours assistance.
Malvern Hills Science Park provides a great working environment 10 minutes walk from Great Malvern railway station. This role is 15-25 hours per week, e.g. 10am-3pm daily.
- Familiarity with a number of operating systems possibly including macOS, Unix more generally and Windows.
- Network configuration and security using firewalls, routers and switches.
- Administration using command-line tools such as Unix shells or PowerShell
- Familiarity with DevOps systems and concepts
- Virtualization systems including whole-OS (Hyper-V, fusion) and containers (zones, docker).
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- Centralized directory systems and centralized system management using MDM and/or DEP.
- Administration of cloud systems and services such as AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket, Fisheye/Crucible