Paraplanner - Part Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paraplanner to join our Financial Planning Department.
This is on a part time basis, working 2 days per week, Thursday's and Friday's.
About the role
- You will ensure adherence to the Advice Guidelines and FCA regulations consistently across all cases
- Provide a quality of service that encourages Financial Consultants to maximise their use of the paraplanner service
- Prioritise and take proactive responsibility of allocated complex cases including multiple sales, retirement, at retirement, estate planning, commercial protection and replacement analysis for protection plans, pension switching and investment replacement cases
- Managing tasks and enquiries, identifying problems and suggesting solutions to ensure advice is provided in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Review advice guidelines and processes and consider how they may apply to the scenario in order to inform the consultant what information will be required ahead of their 2nd meeting
- Collate and produce appointment packs containing all documents which will be required by a consultant for a 2nd/presentation appointment
- Provide a research function when putting together complex advice for clients
- When required prepare application forms and product information packs to be used by a consultant during their presentation of advice meeting with a client.
- Creating client suitability reports (either pre or post sale) to comply with internal and external compliance requirements based on the details of advice given, client circumstances and business standards.
- Using quote engines to produce quotes, illustrations and KFD’s for solutions to be presented by consultants.
- Be at least part qualified for Level 4 Diploma in Financial Advice or equivalent, preference for qualified candidates
- Demonstrate knowledge across the full range of financial advice areas including pensions, investments and protection
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements relating to COB rules, TCF Principles, Introducer Rep Status, Money Laundering, Data Protection and Information Security
- Be a quick learner, able to pick up different computer packages and be competent with Microsoft programs such as outlook, word and excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Work well as part of a team and accept a shared responsibility for colleagues' workloads, to ensure that workload imbalances are managed effectively and do not impact negatively on customer service
- Demonstrate mature business behaviours and attitudes at all times, with a view to building good and helpful working relationships with all team members, financial consultants, other colleagues and clients (when necessary)
- Have the Ability to work independently, be enthusiastic, and be able to add real value to the department and to the Society
- Have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills (face to face, telephone and in writing)
- Be conscientious, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to self-motivate and demonstrate initiative, together with an organised and flexible approach to work
- Ability to manage own workload efficiently, balancing conflicting priorities while working to strict timescales
- Take ownership of tasks and enquiries, identifying problems and suggesting solutions
- Keep consultants and line management up dated with progress towards agreed deadlines, and communicate clearly in all directions on work related matters
- Embody the Core Values of the Society, including TCF in everyday business activities
IDD – Please be aware that this role falls under The Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD). This is a new piece of European legislation which regulates firms who manufacture and distribute insurance products. Therefore you will need to undertake a Right to Work, and a Credit and Criminal Records check. These are subject to ongoing checks in line with the Society’s Fit & Proper Policy
Please gain approval from your line manager before applying for this position. We will only be able to progress your application once we have their endorsement.
Closing date for all applications is 04/01/2019. Feedback on your application will be provided in the week following this date.