Relationship Manager - Flexible Working Available
About the bank
C. Hoare & Co. was founded in 1672 and has succeeded as a bank for this length of time by offering an exceptional standard of service to our customers through a detailed understanding of their requirements. Our ambition is to build a sustainable banking service for our existing customers and a select number of new customers.
We will achieve this ambition through the continuous enhancement of our customer service, keeping the bank safe and making the bank a better place to work for our colleagues. For new colleagues joining the bank, you may like to know that we are delighted by the advances that we have made in making the bank a better place to work. Together we have worked hard on a large number of initiatives where our employee engagement surveys indicate that colleagues truly appreciate the values of the bank as well as our comprehensive reward package. There is also a strong pride in C. Hoare & Co., which is something that you feel immediately when you visit the bank.
If this is an environment that you are curious to discover more about, then you may be interested to hear about this new role that we have available at the bank.
Overall objectives of the job:
To manage and develop a portfolio of customers, with specific responsibilities around relationship management and credit control.
A fundamental requirement of this role is that it is a regulated activity and in scope of the Certification Regime. It is therefore subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA and such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time. This includes passing an annual fitness and propriety assessment.
- Ideally educated to degree standard with ACIB/BSc in Financial Services or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 A levels grades A-C or equivalent qualification
- CeMAP qualification and a desire to undertake other relevant professional qualifications are essential
- Obtain and maintain an Individual Certificate of Fitness and Propriety that will be issued by the bank annually. The bank will set such conditions as may be required by the PRA/FCA or market/best practice for the award of a Certificate of Fitness from time to time
Background and experience necessary:
- A proven track record as a Relationship Manager is preferred
- Will have had experience in Credit Risk and be able to show a good understanding of regulatory requirements of a Relationship Manager
- Candidates must have a sound knowledge of financial matters, UK/Global economy and financial products
- Ability to generate new business and to show networking skills
- It is expected that candidates will be familiar with the usual office systems of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
Personal Skills :
- Self motivating/pro-active/someone who wishes to develop constantly their professional capabilities
- Ability to work in a close team, with an appreciation of the values and ethos of the institution
- Ability to develop very effective relationships internally with all departments in the Bank
- The ability to work closely with support staff and to share knowledge with the team
- Highly articulate, good command of English, both verbal and written, excellent communication skills and presentation
- Excellent numeracy skills
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Predominantly leads the bank’s relationship with a portfolio of customers and develop these relationships in areas of Private Banking, Treasury, Tax and Trusts where relevant
- Assess and make recommendations for suitability of prospective customers.
- Prepare Customer reviews in a timely manner.
- Customer contact on day to day issues.
- Provide guidance on banking issues internally.
- Letters to customers and professional intermediaries.
- Business development – existing customers and developing professional contacts.
- Sets high standards & follows established bank policies and procedures.
Risk and Control
- Prepare lending propositions (execute Regulated Mortgage and Consumer Contracts in a controlled and complaint manner for good quality customer outcomes)
- Manage security documentation and security database
- Monitor daily overdraft positions
- Have an awareness of key risks in the role and good familiarisation with processes and procedures
- To assist with embedding the bank’s Risk Management Framework through identifying and managing risks by contributing to the department’s Risk Control Self Assessment process
- To help retain an environment that sets the right tone by fully conforming to risk and conduct, within an efficient environment which aims to maximise the customer experience and generate high quality new business for the bank
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus and will have common sense, excellent attention to detail and a pride in their work.
This role is captured under the Certification Regime and is subject to:
- Ongoing fitness & propriety requirements as set out by the FCA and PRA and as required by the bank under the relevant policies as they may stand from time to time
- Training and competency requirements as set out by the FCA, PRA and the Bank including the completion and evidencing of appropriate hours of relevant CPD.