Corporate Operations Group - Senior Sybase / MS SQL Database Administrator
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Sybase / MS SQL Database Administrator to join our platform delivery team which enables Macquarie's global activities, by undertaking the design and implementation of IT infrastructure related projects and support of the platform.
You will be responsible for delivering solutions and support for Macquarie's evolving database environment as part of a global team. The database environment is complex, with Sybase ASE, Sybase Replication, ECDA and IQ running on Linux platforms and MS SQL Server running on Windows both physical and VM using AlwaysOn capabilities.
Responsibilities include deploying, upgrading, migrating and maintaining the database fleet, providing feedback on the health of the environment and creating automation for repeatable requirements. You will be accountable for the technical delivery of database projects and database escalation and be involved in disaster recovery planning and testing when required.
The position suits a highly skilled DBA who has a strong interest in career advancement in a technical stream. You will also have experience of the following -
- Strong primary skill-set in Sybase ASE and Replication
- Secondary skill-set in MS SQL Server with AlwaysOn.
- PowerShell scripting. Ansible and tester experience is desirable
- Code development products/practices - stash/git/branching/agile and JIRA
- Strong Windows, RedHat Linux and/or Solaris skills
- Knowledge of ITIL practice and demonstrable experience with change management processes and procedures
- Cloud deployments (either public or private) preferred
- MS Cluster technology
Core Sybase/MSSQL skills:
- Knowledge of Sybase ASE 15 through to 16
- Knowledge of Sybase Replication Server 15.2 and 15.7
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008 through to 2016
If this sounds like you, then please apply now!
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.