Electrical Stores Person/Yard Person
7 days left
- Contract Type
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for a keen and enthusiastic applicant for the position of Stores Person/Yard Person.
- Location: Unit 7 Bairlinn Industrial Estate, Cumbernauld, Glasgow G67 2TF
- Working hours: 40hrs a week
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri 07:30-16:00
- Contract: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide an efficient parts stores ensuring stock levels remain accurate and that parts are available as quickly as possible at the lowest cost possible.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure parts are purchased at best available prices
- Issue required stock to technicians on request and in a timely manner
- Ensure the return of parts/items that are not required or incorrectly ordered
- Liaise with suppliers regarding delivery dates of ordered parts
- Carry out regular checks on impress stock to ensure levels are not running low
- Ensure adequate levels of required non impress stock are kept at all times
- Keep the Stores in a good state of cleanliness and tidiness at all times
- Inform Technicians of any parts that have been delivered on their behalf
- Pack and send any items that need to be sent by Courier to ensure safe delivery
- Provide a high level of Customer Service Ensure sufficient levels of PPE are available in the Stores and ensure outgoing PPE is logged to the relevant person
- Carry out monthly Rolling Stock Checks
- Create Order Numbers for parts ordered and input data onto the system
- Provide Order Numbers to all Workshop staff on Contract
- Book in and out all technical parts and operators manuals on Document
What are we looking for?
- Able to deliver a positive impact and sees efficiency as a top priority
- Able to demonstrate successful delivery of cost reductions
- Experienced in a Stores role within a workshop environment
- Parts supply chain and understanding of suppliers available
- Negotiation techniques to ensure lowest costs for parts
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental awareness
- Computer literature as full training will be provided
Why work for Amey?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.