Procurement HR Category Manager - Flexible Working Available
As Category Manager you are responsible for delivery of strategic procurement within the business. The role will own the delivery and update of Category Strategies, carrying out the strategic sourcing of those activities and identifying future commercial opportunities and direction. This will involve engaging and building strong working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs. As a Category Manager you will be assigned to a particular category but depending upon business demands you will have the ability to work across categories or move into different categories.
The role will also provide support to the Head of Category with this engagement and with the business partnering role.
The HR Category Manager will be responsible for establishing HR Category, negotiating and managing HR contracts and timely renewals, developing HR Preferred Supplier List, rationalising HR Spend. This role will also focus on strategic management of HR 3rd party spend, ensuring maximum return on HR investments
- Development and delivery of a portfolio of Category Strategies and a procurement plan for their category area using WTW Category Management methodology
- Ensuring contracts can be effectively delivered into WTW Purchase to Pay solution using WTW standards
- Engaged in implementation of procurement change initiatives
- Analyse HR 3rd party spend and develop a roadmap for HR Spend management transformation
- Work closely with HR, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Negotiate contracts with best in class terms and conditions that reflect specific business and geographic needs of WTW
- Develop and manage HR renewals pipeline
- Delivers value by planning and managing tender events for goods and services required by the business using our WTW Strategic Sourcing Methodology (including educating the business on the need to use it)
- Lead vendor contracts negotiations through preparation and focus on business, procurement, and financial risks (i.e. cost, market, industry risks), Supplier Intelligence, and Contract Cost/Price Modelling. This involves counterparty financial strength analysis, intelligence/research, pricing analytics, financial modelling, and presentation skills related to highly complex and high value contract
- Rationalise HR Spend and establish HR Preferred Supplier List
- Work closely with HR and finance to ensure business and geographic requirement are properly translated and reflected in supplier contracts
- Establish overall HR supplier management program
- Actively participate in the Source-to-Pay system implementation
- Working knowledge of relevant specific HR category
- Skilled at working within and influencing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of strategic sourcing and category management
- Excellent communication skills from peer group to senior management including mastering of PowerPoint presentations
- An understanding of project management principles and evidence of managing multiple projects and consistently delivering outstanding results
- Experience leading the development of complex/high value category specific strategies
- Experience of preparation for and lead of complex negotiations that delivered value
- Experience of delivery of suitable contracts for effective P2P implementation
- Experience of contract development, including the ability to understand core commercial terms and make recommendations
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually
review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.