Surveyor - Building Consultancy - Flexible Working Available
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor– Building Consultancy, PDS business line.
We are a national team of over 230 professional staff providing building surveying, cost management and project management expertise to investors, occupiers, lenders and developer clients. As a group, we account for a significant portion of the Firm’s UK revenue and we are represented at UK Executive Board level.
We are strengthening our London commercial building surveying team. The team deals with a range of landlord/investor clients, including major institutions such as M&G, Aviva Investors and the Crown Estate, as well as public and private corporate clients including the Ministry of Justice and pharmaceutical occupiers. We are looking for an outward-looking, ‘all-rounder’ building surveyor, preferably with commercial sector track record, a strong sense of ‘team spirit’ and an ambition to deliver excellence.
The successful candidate will thrive in an environment with a continuous stream of work within the commercial sector, working with investor and corporate clients. They will also be comfortable in a client-facing role, helping to develop the existing business. We are keen to speak to professionals with experience in both professional and contract administration services, dilapidations and refurbishment schemes. Exposure to the commercial sector would be an advantage.
What this job involves:
- Undertaking Building Surveyor's inspections and preparing reports
- Preparing specifications for, and administering, repair and refurbishment contracts
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations/preparing exit strategies
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance plans
- Undertaking building reinstatement cost assessments
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required
- Making sustainable business links with both external and internal clients and offering a professional and excellent client service at all times
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Required to have the ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Must be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated
- Must have strong verbal and numerical skills, and be comfortable with report writing
- Requires excellent time management and general organisational skills
- Is required to be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure
- Must be well presented and have excellent communication skills
- MRICS (building surveying) with proven experience, preferably PQE in a commercial consultancy
- Experience of AutoCAD an advantage
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...