Highways Maintenance Operative
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for a keen and enthusiastic applicant for the position of Highways Maintenance Operative.
- Location: 142 Thimble Mill Lane, Aston B7 5HR
- Working hours: 39 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri 06:30-14:30 or 07:00-15:00 (plus any overtime standard - Gully Stand-By if required 15:00-06:00 Mon -Sunday standard -Stand-by payment plus Overtime)
- Contract: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake all aspects of highways maintenance works including routine and activities, minor civil’s works, or any other Highways Traffic Management works.
What will this role involve?
All Aspects of Traffic Management Works
- Maintain high technical standards
- Attend project and work briefings as required
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
- Complete Risk Assessments each day
What are we looking for?
- Appropriate qualification to relevant trade
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
- Good communication skills
- 12D RTM Operative (Mod T1/T2)
- M5/M3 M1 M2 Lantra
- Abrasive Wheels
- CAT Scanner (Highways)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
- Manual Handling
- Medicals - Other
Why work for Amey?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.