BI Developer / Business Intelligence
A leading financial services provider in Bournemouth are looking to recruit an experienced BI Developer. This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that really care about the wellbeing of their employees in a role that offers flexible working hours, regular homeworking and great benefits.
Overall Job Purpose
A highly skilled technical business intelligence developer, this role will design and deliver state of the art business intelligence and data solutions to support analytics and reporting requirements. The right candidate will possess a desire to work in fast-paced environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines.
- Deliver effective technical design, code and data structures to integrate and prepare data for reporting and analytics requirements
- Design and delivery high quality automated reports and dashboards to support a variety of business needs
- Develop code and data structures in adherence with Agile principles, code and configuration management standards
- Develop effective BI solutions on cloud an on premise infrastructure
- Work with the requirements, architecture and business teams to deliver business intelligence solutions in line with requirements
- Identify potential BI improvements and implement appropriate solutions
- Define / Implement / Promote BI best practices
- IT Degree or Diploma in Software development
- Strong technical experience in designing and delivering solutions and data structures in BI warehouse
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies 2016 (Integration, Analysis and Reporting Services), PowerBI, Visualisation and reporting tools
- Prior Experience delivering BI/data structures on a cloud setup (i.e. AWS)
- Advanced SQL development skills, Advanced SSRS and SSIS development / support
- Understanding of dimensional modelling concepts
- Expertise in handling large amounts of data through such capabilities as SQL Server or open source databases and performing tuning across database platforms.
- Prior experience in using Agile methodology
- Prior experience on Big Data appliances like Netezza, Cloudera, Hadoop etc.
- Hands-on/technical experience with high proficiency on Big Data technology and toolsets
- Understanding of data architecture & modelling
- Previous insurance or financial services industry experience