FX Derivatives Risk IT – Team lead - Part Time Available - 80/100% Flexible
This role offers you the opportunity to work on complex, cutting edge systems, in a fast paced business environment, and to drive delivery of some critical FX Derivatives technology initiatives for UBS.
The role would suit experienced team leads who have worked on a high performance risk platform for front office or other risk functions.
As a team lead you will be responsible for the following:
– Drive the book of work with multiple stakeholders
– Manage a small team of developers located on and off shore
– Plan and implement new features and improvements to the platform
– Work closely with quantitative analytics teams
– Take part in the full software lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing and release management
– Contribute to the product roadmap - this will include investigation of new technologies such as in-memory caching solutions, and alignment with the firm's strategic risk roadmap
– Help the production support team to ensure the health and stability of the platform
– We will consider candidates on 100% or 80% FTE
You will be working in the London FX Derivatives technology team on the 'Thor' risk system. Thor is a high performance risk platform generating thousands of scenarios for a complex and growing business. This team faces off to the flow and exotic options desks, finance and risk functions. There are hundreds of users and downstream consumer systems.
Thor is a scalable distributed system written in C++, Java and Python running on Linux. The system is service oriented with a distributed compute grid of over 8,000 CPU cores, as well as a rich UI to build, manage and run risk jobs intra and end of day.
The FX Derivatives Risk team is multi-centre, working on a number of projects covering business-driven change (revenue generation and revenue protection) and regulatory change as well as helping with production issues. The team collaborates with other technology groups within the Investment Bank to deliver front to back for the business, and to leverage new technologies.
You will have strong technical skills and experience, in particular we need:
– C++ including gcc/g++ on Linux
– Java, including core Java
– Linux command line, shell scripting
– Experience of working on scalable high performance systems
– Experience with SDLC tools (for example JIRA, Crucible, TeamCity, Confluence etc.)
The following technical skills are desirable but not essential:
– Data Synapse
– Java Swing
– Apache Tomcat
Business domain knowledge
– FX derivatives is essential
– Market Risk, Greeks, PnL
– Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
– Highly proactive and the ability to learn quickly
– Comfortable with all stages of the SDLC, from requirements capture through to post-release support
– Solution oriented, flexible/adaptable and reliable team player
– Ability to multitask and handle ambiguous situations
– Ability to work independently and make decisions in difficult situations
– Passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– Most importantly someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– Proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– Able to inspire others, and can project the UBS values and culture