FX Trading Java Developer - Part Time Available - 80/100% Flexible
Full Time, Part Time
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will
– Analyze business requirements and design and implement solutions
–Work as part of a distributed scrum team with members in London, Krakow and Budapest.
– Collaborate with other global IT teams
– Do level 3 Support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
- We will consider candidates on 100% or 80% FTE
You’ll be working in the Neo FX team in London. The Neo FX Team is working to provide FX trading tools to the flagship UBS Neo platform, a multi asset platform that replaces several legacy software platforms. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy over the next couple of years.
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming with excellent design and problem solving skills (hands-on experience in the following areas (as a plus): building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies)
– experience with client-server messaging formats (e.g. JSON over REST/WebSocket or AMF over LCDS)
– experience with SpringMVC
– hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum and TDD
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
– experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka or Vert.x a bonus
– business focus and ability to work with product owners to turn refine requirements. Experience of FX trading
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– fluent in English