Financial Analyst - Returners placement programme in the South East
Returners placement programme in the South East
Returner placements will be open to all individuals who have taken time out of work for at least 2 years or more.
Please can you also put this in our essential section.
The South East Returners Programme offers short term opportunities of 12 weeks to an individual who wants to return to work and experience and learn more about the South East route at Network Rail and what we deliver. Initially, the South East route will be providing a returners placement for 12 weeks within the finance team.
Returner placements will provide opportunities for you to be involved in delivering on key areas of work, providing the chance to refresh your skills and experience, or gain insight into new areas of interest. You will be supported throughout your 12 week placement programme with a dedicated buddy. There will also be an opportunity to apply for positions across Network Rail in the last two weeks of the placement programme. We actively encourage flexible working and flexible working can be arranged as part of this placement.
Returner placements will be open to all individuals who have taken time out of work for at least 2 years or more. There is also a requirement to meet the essential criteria.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
During your 12 weeks you will have an opportunity to work on two key projects.
Project 1: Capital Reporting Improvement Working with colleagues in the wider Finance team and Commercial team, this project is to develop and begin to deliver an action plan to improve the process around reporting of costs on capital projects delivered by the South East Route. A report has been commissioned by an external consultant to map the current process, and identify areas for improvement, work is now required to drive these improvements forward through to delivery.
Project 2: Efficiencies Working with colleagues in the Finance team to develop, document and implement a tactical framework for the verification and reporting of efficiencies in the delivery of capital projects throughout our control period, promoting ownership of the efficiency in the business.
- Review, analyse, challenge process and procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement. Propose actions to and work with business partners to implement recommendations.
- Development of monitoring and reporting tools
- Working with non-financial business partners to explain financial concepts.
- Good analytical skills, and a structured approach to problem solving
- Returner placements will be open to all individuals who have taken time out of work for at least 2 years or more. Please can you also put this in our essential section.
Ability to explain complicated processes/concepts in a clear way
- Experience of accounting for capital projects.
- Experience of working with non-financial business partners.
Part/Full Qualified Accountant Desirable:
- Experience of managing an efficiency or change programme
Interested in applying? Please send your CV