Data Analyst, 9 month maternity cover - Part Time
Here is a great opportunity to join a global recruitment business based in the City of London.
Impellam Group is the second largest staffing business in the UK, and sixth largest managed service provider worldwide. The vision is to be the world’s most trusted staffing company.
Brands include Blue Arrow, Lorien, Tate, Guidant Group and Medacs Global Group.
Impellam Group is undergoing a strategic digital transformation to enhance and improve market leading websites across 18 market leading brands.
You will be working with a diverse internal customer set in an open culture which is adopting increasingly agile ways of working.
The growing digital team includes experts across SEO, product, UI/UX, video and content strategy.
As data analyst in the digital team you will be responsible for the creation and dissemination of a variety of reports across the business by understanding its data needs and presenting it in a compelling way.
You will be keen to help transform the organisation by recognising trends and playing a key role in educating stakeholders so they increasingly recognise the need to take heed and react to the data that the team produces.
This will mean working closely with the data manager but also with the wider digital team as it embarks upon a programme of optimisations across our sites and other digital products.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be prepared to challenge the norm.
You will be logical but also creative and have ideas about how the data can help us engage our candidate, client and worker audiences online and drive action. You will not be afraid to experiment.
The role is to cover a 9 month maternity leave, March 2019 to January 2020.
The role is part-time, three days a week (24 hours a week) with some flexibility.
The salary is £40,000 per annum pro rata, so £24,000 for 3 days a week.
The role involves
- Sourcing and collating data from multiple sources
- Developing records management processes and policies
- Identifying areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Setting up and maintaining automated data processes
- Liaising with internal and external clients to fully understand data requirements and content
- Producing and tracking key performance indicators
- Developing and supporting reporting processes
- Monitoring and auditing data quality
- Designing and carrying out surveys and analysing survey data
- Preparing reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics and reporting tools
- Creating data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Providing sector and competitor benchmarking
What you'll need
- Proven experience of demonstrating excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, able to distill key trends and explain them to a variety of stakeholders
- The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
- An understanding of SQL
- Excel expertise
- Familiarity with other relational databases (e.g. Microsoft Access)
- The capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
It would also help if you have
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Google Data Studio
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as Google Optimise, GA
- Some SEO knowledge of keyword analysis and web analytics for marketing analyst roles
- An understanding of data protection issues, especially GDPR
- Some knowledge of different CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
- The ability to carry out data quality control, validation and linkage
Apply for Data Analyst, 9 month maternity cover - Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly