Fieldwork Assistant - Part Time
Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a fast-growing research and insights agency that top entertainment companies trust to decode consumer tastes and trends around the world.
The Casual Fieldwork Assistant will provide support to NRG’s various fieldwork activities in, around, and potentially outside of London. These activities will include tasks like aiding NRG’s efforts with Recruited Audience Screenings and at films’ Opening Weekends.
Work for the upcoming week is assigned to individuals who call in with their availability. Fieldwork will take place at specified times, so is an ideal job for someone who wants part time, evening or weekend work or for those whose availability changes week by week, perfect for someone who is looking for a few hours here and there or to return to the workforce.
There are a number of different market research methodologies casual workers carry out at NRG. These include:
Recruited Audience Screenings
- Recruitment - Recruiting participants to attend free market research screenings of upcoming film releases. Recruitment criteria will be set by the Fieldwork Director in conjunction to the client’s needs.
- Working at screenings - Casual workers are required to work at the screenings and carry out various duties including queue management, showing attendees to their seats and handing out and collecting questionnaires.
Opening Weekend in Theatre/Exit Surveys
- Issuing surveys to members of the public who have paid to see a film. Casual workers are required to go to the cinema and carry out various duties, such as welcoming audiences, listing trailers played, handing out questionnaires/pencils and collecting the completed questionnaires at the end of each show.
- Based in our Shoreditch office
Who You Are
- Professional outlook
- Friendly personable disposition
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Previous experience of working in Market Research or Promotions; or working with the general public
- Must be able to work both individually and as a team
- Must be reliable and have good time keeping
- Strong interest in motion pictures and the entertainment industry is desirable
This is a zero hour contract position. Please note that NRG is under no obligation to provide work to casual workers; similarly, casual workers are not under any obligation to accept work offered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this job role. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Based at varying locations around London, plus some occasional office based work (Shoreditch). Will sometimes be required to work outside of London.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in motion pictures and the entertainment industry?
- What experience you have in working with teams in a professional capacity as well as interacting with the general public?