Highways Maintenance Operative
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the positions of Highways Maintenance Operative.
- Location: Lichfield depot, WS13 6EU
- Working hours: 40 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri 07:30-16:00 (out of hours standby when needed)
- Contract: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake the installation of temporary traffic management, and all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, and litter picking.
What will this role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards
- Attend project and work briefings as required
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, litter picking
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
- Have a Full Driving Licence – must have an LGV Driving Licence (Class C)
- Hold a valid CPC Card
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
- This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.