Skills Coach - Flexible working considered
Tech Skills Coach – Flexible working considered
Returning to work after a break doesn’t have to be daunting. At QA, we want you to have a fulfilling career that works for you and your family—and we’ll support you as you relaunch your working life.
We’re seeking tech skills coaches who love helping others to learn and accomplish their goals. Join a hands-on, fulfilling role helping apprentices to grow personally and professionally as they develop their tech skills and on-the-job experience. It’s the perfect career for parents returning to work—whether you’re experienced in a similar role or looking to retrain for a new career in tech teaching/education.
We’re offering this role as part of our Return | (Re)Train initiative – an exciting new programme to support returners, upskill talent for the tech sector and make getting back to work an exciting experience.
About the role
Our apprenticeships train up tech talent to meet employers’ skills needs and help learners transform their own careers. At QA, we know that real life doesn’t happen in a textbook, so we deliver our apprenticeships in a modern, blended format – in the classroom, online and in the workplace – supported by you, their skills coach.
As a skills coach, you stand on the forefront of our learner experience. You‘ll be the primary contact for your learners in tech programmes, supporting them and their employers throughout their apprenticeship to ensure they complete it successfully and on time.
- Enrol and set up apprentices in the programme, ensuring that it’s suitable for them, their job role, their career goals and their employer
- Understand the “20% off-the-job learning” requirement for every apprentice and plan how they’ll achieve that time
- Make regular contact with apprentices and employers, acting as QA’s primary point of contact and as manager of the apprentice’s journey
- Meet with each apprentice and employer every 6-8 weeks to check on progress
- Record detailed evidence of progress at each meeting and keep our online database/learning platform up-to-date for each learner
- Support apprentices as they prepare for and complete their EPA
- Experienced in coaching, training or tutoring with an interest in career development
- Knowledgeable about or interested in tech areas (and willing to learn)
- Passionate about supporting, guiding and teaching others
- Caring, warm and professional in supporting coachees
- Confident in customer-facing roles with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and able to travel to different locations
- Able to plan and deliver against set learning and achievement targets
How we’ll support your return to work
- A supportive workplace that accommodates your family responsibilities
- Flexible working contracts – we can even offer you school holidays off
- Training courses to help you learn new coaching skills or provide a refresher in the field
- An assigned co-pilot/“buddy” to get you up to speed with our processes and award-winning Skill programmes
What we offer
- Generous base salary (dependent on experience)
- School holidays off (or ad hoc holiday bookings if that is better for you)
- Unique return-to-work training programme (not mandatory but there for you should you want to use it)
- Two days paid charity work for a charity of your choice
- Three days of paid training from your choice of 1,200+ diverse QA courses
- cycle to work scheme
- Private pension
Who are we?
QA is one of the largest learning services organisations in the UK. We help develop skills and capabilities for everyone, from apprentices to business leaders. Headquartered in London with 20 more training centres nationwide, QA Group comprises four fast-growing divisions – QA Learning, QA Apprenticeships, QA Consulting and QA Higher Education – all of which deliver innovative, award-winning (2016 Top 20 IT Training Companies List) and ever-evolving skills solutions.
Get in touch today!
We’d love to support your return to work—apply today and let’s get started on your newest career chapter!