Senior e-Commerce Trading Manager - Flexible Working Available
Senior e-Commerce Trading Manager
12mths Fixed term
Salary: Competitive + excellent rewards and benefits - Our payslip is only part of the package
To become the most efficient single runway in the world Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. GAL has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favourite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.
The Senior e-Commerce Trading Manager is accountable for delivering over £70m revenue through direct online sales of airport parking, airport services (such as premium security and premium passport control), and 3rd party products (airport hotels, lounges, flights, car rentals, travel insurance).
As Senior e-Commerce Trading Manager you will optimise the e-commerce platform and sales funnel for these products. Working in a collaborative manner across multiple functions you'll convert traffic acquisition through our search, affiliate, email and display channels.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- Leadership in digital strategy for a commercial organisation
- Demonstrable track record of driving online sales and maximising conversion
- Proven track record in website development, content management, merchandising, user testing, AB
- testing and web analytics
- Broad knowledge of acquisition methodologies including SEO, PPC, e-mail, display channels, and
- affiliate programmes etc.
- Experience managing external agencies to deliver to target, time and budget
- An up-to-date understanding of ecommerce trends and the latest online sales tactics/best practice
- Experience of cyber security and information security
- Experience of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Demand Ware or similar commerce platform an
- Travel sector experience is of interest but not a requisite
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 46 million passengers to 228 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. Gatwick is a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP, generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 jobs on the airport campus alone. Gatwick is a high growth business regularly achieving double digit year on year revenue growth. It has beaten its stretch EBITA target every year for the last 5 years. Passenger volumes have grown by over 40% in the eight years since private ownership. GAL is owned by a group of international investment funds.