Software Developer – Ladbrokes Coral - flexible working
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trading Software Engineer to join us at our Tech hub in Stratford. As the Trading Software Engineer, you will be a key member of a highly technical Agile development team, creating innovative software solutions for Trading, the engine room of a fast-paced and demanding business.
You will work at a detailed level on software development activities including requirements specification, software design at system and component levels, participation in design and code reviews, the development of code and related tests, bug fixing, performance optimisation, and tasks related to the technical support of business critical 24/7 production systems.
As a member of a cross-functional Scrum team you will work closely with your peers to deliver product increments that meet the team’s Definition of Done. You will also collaborate with members of the wider Trading Delivery team and other IT and business teams as required.
- Analysis, Design, Development and Maintenance of microservices running on cloud serving to critical platforms across channels.
- Continuous Improvement, seeking opportunities to streamline delivery whilst keep high code quality standards.
- Be informed of emerging technologies and trends, which could benefit Trading platform and the wider company.
- Interpreting written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Adherence to Ladbrokes Coral’s Software Development Life Cycle following Agile development principles.
- Code governance against standards and best practices
- Develop with full automation and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Performing code configuration and producing software releases as specified by the Build Management team
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation using defined documentation standards
- Investigation and correction of reported defects
- Work closely with the SRE team to build highly available and automated systems
- Third line production support, some of which may occur outside of normal business hours
- Adherence to Ladbrokes Coral’s standards for the release of software to Live environments
- Providing effort and timeline estimates to the management positions
- Working with the IT Security & Compliance teams to understand security risks in system designs and ensuring defensive programming is practiced
Specialist Skills and Experience Required:
- Ideally a minimum 1 year OOP development experience
- Experience working with development tools and practices including Git, XP, TDD, BDD, CI/CD.
- Working experience of Agile software delivery within dynamic corporate environments.
- Experience in the betting industry an advantage but an understanding of sport is essential.
- Self and fast learner.
- Strong communications skills
- Experience/Technical knowledge in the following products/technologies is essential:
- OO programming
- Unit Testing
- Experience/Technical knowledge in the following products/technologies would be highly desirable:
- .Net Core
- Microservice architecture
- AWS SQS
- AWS Lambda
- SQL, NoSQL
- REST, SOAP
- JSON, XML
At Ladbrokes Coral, we believe we’ve got the best brands in betting and gaming; and the best people behind them too.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join us. Our recent merger combined more than 230 years of heritage and opened a world of exciting opportunities for the future. With the biggest UK retail estate in the industry, a growing digital business and an ever-expanding international presence, we want to be the world’s best betting and gaming company, where customers want to play and people want to work.