Operations Planner - Utilities
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Operations Planner to join our team working as part of our Utilities Business on the clean water capital programme for the Severn Trent Water Account.
As an Operations Planner with Amey you will be responsible for supporting the project delivery teams in planning and tracking of projects. You will be responsible for timely submissions of contractual programmes using Microsoft Project and providing regular management information for reporting purposes. A key element to the role will be the ability to forge strong relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external.
On an average day you will be expected to;
* Create and update project programmes in Microsoft Project (MSP)
* Maintain accurate records
* Export data from MSP into excel
* Interpret and present data in excel, including use of formulas
* Provide planning support to project delivery teams
* Undertake scenario planning where appropriate to aid decision making
* Consider and report on risks and opportunities
* Maintain and update forward planning and coordination registers for highway authority submissions
* Active attendance at quarterly highway coordination meetings
* Comply with the relevant Health & Safety Policy provisions
What are we looking for?
To be a successful Operations Planner you will need to have confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities with relevant experience. Strong written skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow. It is essential you have a track record of working independently in a fast-paced environment with ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously, prioritise and operate proactively.
Membership of relevant professional body such as Association for Project Management would be preferable but not essential.
If you have the required skills and experience to be a successful Operations Planner please apply now or for more information, contact the Amey Recruitment Team.