Caretaker (25hrs) - Abbeyfield Primary School
Are you interested in playing a crucial part in supporting the education of the next generation? An excellent opportunity to contribute to your community by keeping schools clean and ensuring students are safe.
Amey are looking for motivated caretakers to join our teams.
Location: Abbeyfield School
Address: Mereway, Northampton, NN4 8BU
Shift Pattern: Monday-Friday 07:00-12:00
What will you be doing?
- To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the school premises
- Daily upkeep of the premises, opening and locking up doors and gates
- Variety of DIY, building and ground maintenance, internal fixtures, fittings and furniture and maintaining the heating and lighting of the premises
- Make sure that sites are kept clean, tidy, safe and running smoothly
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
- Ensure faults are rectified in a timely and safe manner
- React to and execute immediately any general repairs and maintenance duties as required or requested
- General security services including management of CCTV and alarm systems
Who we're looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in carrying out basic maintenance tasks
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Familiar with COSHH standards
You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check this can take between 3-6 weeks to complete before you can commence employement - please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.