Information Security Technical Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Are you an information security champion? Do you obsess over providing the best analysis and support on security incidents? Can you inspire colleagues to discover innovative ways to improve security? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Information Security team looks after the cyber risk that Metro Bank faces. As an Information Security Technical Analyst, you will provide controls and procedures to make sure we comply with regulations and legislation. You will make sure that our network infrastructure, data and systems are run using internationally recognised security practices and guidelines. You will implement the necessary changes so that your colleagues can continually provide amazing customer service, whilst being protected from external threats.
So what would you be doing?...
• Looking after and resolving security incidents and operational security requests
• Providing support and analysis during security incidents
• Making sure the Bank’s security infrastructure meets our IT Governance framework requirements
• Reviewing technical security requirements for system changes
• Releasing changes and enhancements into the live banking system operational security
• Participating in developing information security governance documentation
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• In order to exceed in this role you need to have lots of experience working within an infrastructure function with an emphasis on information security
• It’s also really important that you have IT security operations and analysis experience
• If you have a security certification such as CISA that would be fantastic
• Naturally, you will be capable of using a variety of IT Security tools
• It would be amazing if you have some knowledge of the financial services industry
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!