Payments Team Leader
Are you a payments wizz? Do you consider yourself an amazing leader? Are you passionate about resolving queries and delivering incredible levels of customer service? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
The Payments team are responsible for facilitating smooth transactions across Metro Bank, and making sure an amazing experience is provided for our customers at every point. As a Payments Team Leader, you will lead the team and look after the day to day tasks.
So what would you be doing?...
• Looking after the resource and workflow of all payment related products
• Leading a team of Payments Specialists
• Supporting with core products including, CHAPS, faster payments (online and manual), international payments, standing orders and cheque processing
• Looking after day to day payment queues
• Following all risk and industry guidelines associated with payment processing
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Good understanding of the concept of workflow management
• Knowledge of key controls within a payments environment, segregation and authentications processes
• An understanding of SWIFT, CHAPS, SEPA, faster and international payments
• Knowledge of the various payment types and how to differentiate between the channels
• Incredible organisation skills are key for this role
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!