Business Development Manager - Level 1 - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Business Development Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers.
We are looking for a Manager who has knowledge of working within construction.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hard-working team environment.
As a business development manager you will
- Be fully familiar with the market across the South and South Coast. Particularly have established a comprehensive network of clients and consultants.
- Able to provide a longer term view and strategy for the regional business based upon changing sectors and targeting quality returns from largely negotiated work.
- Good knowledge of the major South regional frameworks and how to optimise workload through those frameworks.
- Integrate effectively with the Regional Management team understand, develop, and positively influence the Business development strategy.
- Core sectors knowledge should ideally include education, higher education, local authority/community, defence, medical, industrial and commercial with established clients.
- Input and preparation of Business Development reports monthly for strategic plans.
- Ideally located between Hampshire/Dorset/Wiltshire within the core operating area but willing to travel across the regional coverage when required which includes from Kent to Devon.
Already experienced as a business development manager you will be able to demonstrate attendance at key forums and an understanding of the latest thinking in key sectors and you will have a thorough understanding of all aspects of winning and delivering work in construction.
About the Southern Team:
With a passion to serve customers, we have developed a professional approach where our people in Construction South are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve Perfect Delivery.
We are a well co-ordinated collaborative team, focussing on lon g term customer relationships. Business opportunity priorities are framework negotiated and two-stage biased.
Reporting to Regional Pre-Construction Director, this appointment is about longer term strategy and the future proofing of a successful regional business. This role will work as part of the Senior Management Team for Construction South and have responsibility for a small regional team.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.