Senior CAD Technician
Amey Consulting- Water
Consulting at Amey offers a range of multi-disciplinary services to our customers, driving value across their asset portfolio. We are the fastest growing consultancy in the UK and are relied upon to manage, improve, and maximise the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK. This range of services has recently expanded to include utilities professional services. We operate in the electricity market, in both transmission and distribution, and the water market, in both infrastructure and non-infrastructure. We provide high specification design work to our clients all over the UK, driving value to our clients through optimised asset solutions.
This vacancy for the position of Senior Technician is required to support our growing workload within the Scottish Wastewater and Water sectors.
What is the purpose of this role?
To support the Cad Manager and other team members in delivering detailed design services including production of drawings using AutoCAD and associated packages
What will this role involve?
- Support the Design Lead/CAD Manager and other team members in undertaking a wide range of design related tasks including:
- Production of AutoCAD drawings in accordance with the Amey CAD procedure.
- Undertake design, and modelling activities, including use of third party software packages where appropriate.
- Comply with the Amey IMS, CDM regulations and other relevant Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Take responsibility for the supervision of junior technicians to ensure timely design outputs are in accordance with programme and quality requirements.
- Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and compliance with Amey HSEQ requirements
What are we looking for?
- HNC/HND in Engineering, or relevant discipline (or a similar approved qualification)
- Computer literate and conversant with AutoCAD and associated 3rd party packages, and MS Office suite
- Basic project management understanding in a multi-disciplinary project environment
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
What makes this role unique?
In addition to the opportunity to be involved in a dynamic expanding Scottish based design consultancy team we have a strong culture of developing individuals to their full potential.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.