As a Catering Manager, you will carry out and managing school meals, kitchen preparation and serving food. u will utilise your skills, knowledge and previous supervisory experience to ensure this service is carried out efficiently, safely and in a professional manner that matches and goes beyond the contractual commitments with our client.
- Location: St Andrews Academy, Barrhead Road, Paisley, Strathclyde PA2 7LG
- Working hours: 35hrs a week
- Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:00 and 16:00
What will this role involve?
- Carrying out meal preparation
- Simple cooking of food (including the heating and/or reconstitution of convenience foods and vegetables)
- Transportation and serving of meals (including the packing and unpacking of food into containers)
- Washing up and clearing away equipment
- Cleaning of the kitchen, its surrounds and the equipment
- Effective management of staff including appraisals and probation
- Comply with Internal and External HSE and Quality requirements
- Keeping COSHH data sheets up to date
- Stock control and ordering suppliers
- Managing audits and finance (cash handling)
- Carry out training for team members to ensure standards are maintained
- Ensure all necessary policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Check and sign timesheets in accordance with procedures
- Other Ad-Hoc duties as required
What are we looking for?
- Relevant Catering qualifications such as NVQ or C&G 706/1 and 706/2
- IT skills (desirable)
- Previous experience of working within the Facilities/Estate management arena
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Familiar with COSHH standards
- People management experience (desirable)
- Ability to recognise, with training, the importance of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
- Food Hygiene L2
- Good customer service skills
You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check - please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. We will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme