Senior CAD Technician
What is the purpose of this role?
Our 120 strong Belfast Design Hub, situated just off the Malone Road near Queens Elms Halls of Residence, delivers a range of local, national and international projects ranging from <£1M up to >£300M. Our multidisciplinary team encapsulates Highway Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, River & Coastal Engineering, Environmental Consultancy and Traffic Engineering/ Transport Planning, as well as being the BIM Centre of Excellence for Amey.
Within this role you will be required to undertake design and provide technical support for Roads related projects for a range of public and private sector clients.
What will this role involve?
- Carry out investigation, detailed design and implementation of projects
- Assist in the management and monitoring of the budget for projects
- Maintain good working relationship with the Client and other interested parties
What are we looking for?
- Appropriate HNC / HND in a relevant discipline
- Competent IT skills including MS packages
- AutoCAD and associated third party packages
- Ability to lead junior technicians and Graduate Engineers
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental awareness
- Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
- Personal highways safety
What makes this role unique?
You will carry out work associated with the delivery of the requirements with the Contract and all other external clients.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.