Highways Maintenance Operative
5 days left
- Contract Type
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the positions of Highways Maintenance Operative.
- Location: Tatton House, 11 Caldey Road, Roundthorn Industrial Estate, Manchester M23 9LF
- Working hours: 40 hours a week
- Shift pattern: Mon to Fri 07:30-16:00
- Contract: Permanent
What will this role involve?
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including; Carriageway patching, kerbing, cover replacement, keeping the network safe for all users.
- Working as part of a two-four -operative team you will be required to remove tree stumps and then reinstating the footway after.
- You will be financially rewarded when required to attend emergency and out of hours' response services throughout the year
- Follow Amey's Zero Code by ensuring yourself, others and the working environments are safe
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a Full Driving Licence
- Have an LGV Driving Licence (Class C) (desirable)
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.