Fleet Support Engineer
5 days left
- Contract Type
Amey is the provider for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) C Vehicle Capability Private Finance Initiative (PFI) contract. ALC has been established for the sole purpose of delivering the C Vehicle capability and to provide a quality service, tailored to the precise requirements of the British Armed Forces.
The C Vehicle programme is providing all class C military vehicles, which include cranes, excavators and mechanical handling equipment, together with the associated support, maintenance, training, parts and transportation for the British Armed Forces worldwide.
What is the purpose of this role?
You will work as part of a wider team that is responsible for providing repair and maintenance works to the MOD C Vehicle capability. You will repair, maintain and service plant, equipment and associated ancillaries to LOLER and PUWER legislation. To be the successful candidate you will be a well-established Plant Mechanic with the ability to diagnose plant failure and capability to deliver the required results to potential tight deadlines.
What will this role involve?
- Repair, maintain and service plant, equipment
- Assist in maintaining data integrity on our Fleet Management System
- Carry out inspection programmes on equipment and report as required
- Maintain local stocks of spares, CES, ancillaries, attachments and local technical documentation
- Develop interface with local MoD maintenance staff and provide assisted maintenance to level of own expertise
- Collect and input management information arising from maintenance and transaction activity
- Undertake delivery, collection and exchange of equipment and transactions, including inspections, for handover/handback of equipment
- Ensure that safe systems of work are adopted, and company Health, Safety and Environmental policies are read, understood and adhered to at all times
- Ensure that when working remotely effective time management systems are adopted to maximise output
- Authorised to undertake unscheduled repairs within certain financial limits, to remove plant and/or equipment from use due to unsafe condition
- Authorised to order spares within certain financial limits
- Authorised to provide training to MoD maintainers and users, within limits of own qualification, ability and knowledge
- Must be willing to work away from regional pool location and in other ALC regional areas
- Will be required to undertake out of hours duties including weekend work
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the diagnosis of plant failure
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety, LOLER and PUWER regulations
- Articulate, professional and good communication skills
- Experience in construction related plant maintenance
- City and Guilds, NVQ or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Computer literacy
- HGV Licence
What makes this role unique?
You will have day-to-day responsibility for ensuring best value service delivery, including managing successful working relationships between Amey and it's customers.