5 days left
- Contract Type
What is the purpose of this role?
Our 120 strong Belfast Design Hub, situated just off the Malone Road near Queens Elms Halls of Residence, delivers a range of local, national and international projects ranging from <£1M up to >£300M. Our multidisciplinary team encapsulates Highway Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, River & Coastal Engineering, Environmental Consultancy and Traffic Engineering/ Transport Planning, as well as being the BIM Centre of Excellence for Amey. This unique ecosystem offers our clients a one-stop shop, and offers our staff the opportunity to grow and develop in a knowledge-rich environment, with specialists who are eager to assist and mentor their development.
To provide support to a Senior and/or Principal Engineer within a ground engineering design team to ensure;
- technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting (particularly HD22/08), ensuring compliance with all British Standards and Eurocode 7;
- delivery of geotechnical projects to programme, within budget and to the quality required; and
- guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development/training is actively pursued.
What will this role involve?
- Undertake a wide range of geotechnical design work, fully compliant to Eurocode 7
- Work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others
- Scope, plan, supervise and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
- Supervise and offer guidance to less experienced or junior staff
- Assist in planning, supervision and delivery of effective ground investigations
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, outline designs and detailed designs, factual and interpretive reports, geotechnical appraisals / assessments and other technical documents
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all external and internal parties to enhance the reputation of the company and organisational business unit
- Supervise subcontractors and engage in client and third-party liaison
What are we looking for?
- BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical/Geological Science
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status (CEng, CGeol or equivalent)
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and geotechnical design software
- Demonstrable experience in rail and/or highways
- Some experience of the design process and team management
- Experience in ground investigation and geotechnical design
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, third parties and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for ensuring that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting, ensuring compliance with relevant standards (particularly Eurocode 7).
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.