Track Design Engineer
6 days left
- Contract Type
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide support to a Senior and/or Principal Engineer within a design team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards and that the delivery of all the specified project outcomes are on time, within budget and to the quality required.
What will this role involve?
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
- Engage in client and third party liaison
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
- Undertake the performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Demonstrable experience in Highway
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- IOSH managing safety IOSH working safely
- Environmental awareness
- Tool Box talk
- Environmental awareness for managers
What makes this role unique?
You will implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.