Caretaker - Weston Favell Academy
6 days left
- Contract Type
This is a readvertisement of the vacancy. Previous applicant are encouraged to re-apply.
Amey is partnering with the council to work with schools across Northampton. You will be the school's main contact during your shift for any facilities support. You will be playing a crucial part in supporting the education of the next generation. An excellent opportunity to contribute to your community by keeping schools clean and ensuring students are safe.
Location: Weston Favell Academy
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday rotating shift: 06:00-14:00, 08:00-16:00, 12:00-20:00
Overtime: You will be contracted to carry out a one in four weekend shift. This will be paid overtime rate.
What will you be doing?
Your daily responsibilities will include tasks such as:
- To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the school premises
- Daily upkeep of the premises, opening and locking up doors and gates
- Variety of DIY, building and ground maintenance, internal fixtures, fittings and furniture and maintaining the heating and lighting of the premises
- Make sure that sites are kept clean, tidy, safe and running smoothly
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
- Ensure faults are rectified in a timely and safe manner
- React to and execute immediately any general repairs and maintenance duties as required or requested
Who we're looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in carrying out basic maintenance tasks
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Familiar with COSHH standards
You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check which can take between 4-6 weeks to complete- please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.