Facilities Assistant (multi sites)
What is the role?
As a mobile/travelling Facilities Assistant, you will carry out and oversee the cleaning and facilities services at Amey. You will utilise your skills and to ensure this service is carried out efficiently, safely and in a professional manner that matches and goes beyond the contractual commitments with our client.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful and growing Facilities team working alongside a well-known high value client.
Address: Glasgow City Area
Shift Pattern: Shift 1 - Mon-Fri 7am-4pm
Shift 2 Mon-Fri 1pm-9.30m & Sat 9am-12.31
Shift Pattern: 40 hours per week
What will this role involve?
- Ensuring the buildings are kept to an agreed standard of cleanliness
- Comply with Internal and External HSE and Quality requirements
- Keeping COSHH data sheets up to date
- Working with cleaning supervisor to adjust rotas as required to cover times of staff absenteeism
- Stock control and ordering of all cleaning consumables to ensure service delivery through the correct channels
- Carry out training for team members to ensure standards are maintained
- Building confidence within the business of the cleaning team
- Ensure all necessary policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor cleaning standards throughout the buildings.
- Ensuring all reactive cleaning tasks are carried out in a timely manner
- Safely undertake all waste removal and disposal from internal bins and offices, in accordance with client and Amey procedures
- Provide a professional passenger assistance service to those requesting additional help
- Aid with moving furniture, equipment and office relocation as required
- Checking appliances, fittings and general environment are in good working order and all defects reported to Team Leader
- Safekeeping of keys issued for the performance of cleaning duties
- Carry out mail sorting, delivering and franking as required
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working within the Facilities/Estate management arena
- People management experience
- Strong stakeholder management
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Familiar with COSHH standards
What makes this role unique?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the safe use of equipment including mechanical and electrical items following appropriate training as required.